Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Stoic LTWT Short Sleeping Pad on SAC (~= Prolite Small)
Display Avatars Sort By:
Aaron Reichow
(areichow)

Locale: Northern Minnesota
Stoic LTWT Short Sleeping Pad on SAC (~= Prolite Small) on 10/27/2010 13:19:35 MDT Print View

The Stoic LTWT Short Sleeping pad is up on SAC for $25 for another 10 minutes. Great price on what looks like it'd be a nice competitor to the Prolite.

Doesn't stack up as well to the Torsolite, but it doesn't look too bad for $25...

Stoic LTWT - Short

I Asked:
What is the R-Value of this pad? I am especially curious as it's listed as 4-season in the Recommended Use field of the specs... Thanks!

Someone Replied:
R-Value of the Stoic LTWT Sleeping Pad - Short is 2.6. This pad should be classified as 3-season - not 4-season. If using in the snow, a closed-cell foam pad would be a highly recommended companion.

Stoic LTWT Step - Regular

I Asked:
What is the R-Value if this pad? Is it really 2.5" thick as the specs say? If so, I'm definitely interested. Thanks!

Someone Replied:
R-Value for Stoic LTWT Step Sleeping Pad - Regular is 2.9. Thickness of this pad is 1.5" at top end (top 2/3 of pad), and "STEPS" down to 1" thick at bottom end (bottom 1/3 of pad). If used alone, this pad is best suited for 3-season use. Paired with a closed-cell foam pad, the Stoic LTWT Step would be great for 4-season use as well.

Brad Walker
(brawa)

Locale: SoCal
Full length on geartrade on 11/19/2010 09:30:51 MST Print View

Thought I'd bump this to say that there's a full length version on geartrade right now for $30 shipped, about $15 better than when it shows up on SAC: http://www.geartrade.com/item/158388

Matthew Marasco
(BabyMatty) - F

Locale: Western/Central PA, Adirondacks
re: on 11/19/2010 11:15:04 MST Print View

I picked up both, and they seem to be a great value. I picked them up separately and had the shipping combined. They both come with stuff sacks and repair kits, which is a nice touch.