Forum Index » Chaff » Value of M-Life

Display Avatars Sort By:
Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
Value of M-Life on 10/26/2010 20:20:00 MDT Print View

Sorry, i couldnt find the old thread that addressed this topic, so I'm restarting one.

Tonight my subscription ends. And I'm pondering M-life. On the one hand, I have tons of things I'd rather spend 100 dollars on, I post/read threads more than I read BPL content, the past BPL reviews have not peaked my interest (e.g. I don't care about boxers, or 3.5lb double wall tents)

On the other hand, I'm probably going to be surfin this site for a longg time, there are still some great state of the market reports, and presuming that they continue to cover OR, there will be great reports on upcoming products.

I'm leaning towards doing it, because in my hopeful mind, UL is only getting bigger and more popular, with many ideas and products in the pipeline. Even major manufacturer's seem to be jumping aboard, so there should be a plentiful amount of things to cover. I'm hoping the recent articles are just a fluke. I've also seen some of the perks that some m-life members recieve (hello osprey Hornet!)

I have no idea about the value of those secret sub-forums that are only accessible to m-lifers...how are those?

Whatdya you guys think? Love to hear from current m-lifers

Edited by Konrad1013 on 10/26/2010 20:22:11 MDT.

kyle davis
(fta) - F

Locale: mn, co
im with you on 10/26/2010 21:43:00 MDT Print View

not a m-life yet but havent been into to many of the articles put out lately rather read trip reports

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Value of M-Life on 10/26/2010 21:48:14 MDT Print View

Old thread

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
thx on 10/26/2010 21:59:16 MDT Print View

Thx Doug! Appreciate it

Richard Gless
(rgless) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Value of M-Life on 10/26/2010 22:07:54 MDT Print View

Yeah, I just had the same problem and opted for M-Life.

I'm not sure I'll use BPL that much longer since my backpacking days may be numbered, but, in spite of seeing less useful stuff in the last few months, every once in a while I see something really useful-interesting. If nothing else the chance to buy-sell stuff in gear swap, trip reports, and the various gear reviews make it worthwhile for me.