What Matters Most
Display Avatars Sort By:
Peter S
(prse) - MLife

Locale: Denmark
Re: Re: Re: Misty on 10/28/2013 18:28:04 MDT Print View

Interesting for me to hear another perspective on life and death than my own perspective, very healthy for me :-)

For me, death is what gives life meaning, and is as different from each other as anything can be.

Edited by prse on 10/28/2013 18:30:02 MDT.

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Respect the dead (?) on 10/28/2013 18:54:47 MDT Print View

I get where Peter is coming from. For example, my wife and I have completely different ideas of how to dispose of our bodies when we're dead(deja vu thread from a month or so ago). I want to be disposed of in a way where my body returns to the earth instead of stewing away in a box and full of chemicals. My wife wants to be buried in a casket. We may not agree with each other on this topic but we won't dishonor the other's wishes either.

I think that this is what bothers me so much about this thread. The way I read it, it really isn't about honoring the deceased as much as it is about exploring the feelings of the author in spite of the deceased's wishes to the contrary.

A spontaneous act of infidelity is bad. An effort to maintain an extramarital affair is even worse. Publicly broadcasting this affair for God knows what purpose takes it to another horrible level altogether.

I know this is all pretty harsh but I'm having great difficulty giving the author the benefit of the doubt and living by "judge not". There may be more to the story but all I have to go with is what I've read here.

Edit: My apologies as this opinionated response really comes across, and rightly so, as being self-righteous. By no means am I pretending to be perfect. I’ve made plenty of mistakes in my life and I have my own personal regrets that I have to live with. The OP really struck a nerve with me when I read about the unknowing wife. I really hope you straighten this out with her and wish you the best of luck.

Edited by IDBLOOM on 10/28/2013 19:12:46 MDT.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re on 10/28/2013 19:09:03 MDT Print View

I am going to agree that rekindling this thread does not seem like a good idea. Wanting to be found out may be a sort of self punishment but as far as we know, the most innocent parties do not deserve this.

Edited to correct the autocorrect!

Edited by Kat_P on 10/28/2013 19:10:11 MDT.

spelt with a t
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
respect the living on 10/28/2013 19:48:40 MDT Print View

Intimate details from total strangers on an open forum makes all readers voyeurs, with no way to obtain prior consent absent a content warning and disclaimer, which the OP did not provide. I have sympathy, but this is someone who needs professional help.