MontBell Wind Shirts on eBay /365
Display Avatars Sort By:
Hammock Hanger
(Travelpro) - F
MontBell Wind Shirts on eBay /365 on 10/26/2010 10:54:57 MDT Print View

I notice that one or more dealer/s on eBay are offering MontBell wind shirts 'buy-it-now' for $25 plus $15 shipping. Same prices and sizes (mostly M and L, rarely XL and many folks say MontBell runs small in sizing so these would not fit everybody) for at least the last several months.
I haven't dealt with this dealer, so this is not an endorsement by me at all, just a heads-up for those looking for a MontBell windshirt for $40 delivered.
Has anyone on here bought one of these recently? If so, what do you think?

Ike Jutkowitz
(Ike) - M

Locale: Central Michigan
Montbell windshirt on 10/26/2010 14:23:07 MDT Print View

I bought the hooded windshirt (parka) a few months ago and used it during a rainy week backpacking trip in september. Functionally it was great- I never took it off. Walked in it, slept in it, wore it under a nano puff for extra warmth when making camp. Stylistically ok- my wife asked if I was trying to look like Devo. I'm 5'8, 155 lb and got a size medium (3.1 oz). It fits snugly over a baselayer with not much room to spare. Had to return the pants which seemed to be designed to fit only skinny giants. The small pants were the right length but way too tight. I wear a 30 waist, 30 inseam- the small pants would have fit no bigger than a 28 inch waist. The medium fit my waist but were several inches too long. Finally got small Montane featherlite pants that were perfect.

Jason Swadley
(jswadley) - F - MLife

Locale: New England
I bought one on 10/26/2010 17:04:02 MDT Print View

I bought one. He's a good seller, though my large in black was too small for me though I sized up. If you're interested, I can give you a good deal on it. :-)