Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Osprey Exos packs onsale at zappos.com
Display Avatars Sort By:
Mark Hudson
(vesteroid) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Sierras
Osprey Exos packs onsale at zappos.com on 10/24/2010 14:15:46 MDT Print View

I have been looking at these packs since I read the review here.

I just found them onsale for a good discout at.

www.zappos.com

I bought the entire family one :)

John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

Locale: PNW
You're going to Love those Packs on 10/26/2010 10:09:05 MDT Print View

I own all three also. These are the most comfortable packs period. I own the many cottage industry light packs found on this site, but after 20 miles my shoulders and back get sore. Give me a little more weight and 10x the comfort any day.

Mark Hudson
(vesteroid) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Sierras
Re: You're going to Love those Packs on 10/26/2010 18:18:32 MDT Print View

I ended up doing this twice, i bought the 58s the first time and then decided I wanted the 46's

They took them back and even paid the shipping back.

they also have a 365 day return policy no questions asked, just like rei.

if you go to vip.zappos.com and register you get free overnight shipping on all orders.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Exos on 10/26/2010 18:23:58 MDT Print View

As always, YMMV, but I thought these were the most uncomfortable packs I had ever worn. Funny how pack fit tends to be a personal thing....

John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

Locale: PNW
So True David on 10/27/2010 10:22:53 MDT Print View

David, So true!... Packs fit everyones body differently. I'm a small guy at 5'9", 155 lbs with a 29" waist. I find the hip belt design of the Exos to hug me perfectly. My hiking buddy is a no fat big bone dude with a 36 waist and finds the Exos uncomfortable. Maybe if the hip belt started further apart from the pack it may fit him better??

Stephen Barber
(grampa) - MLife

Locale: SoCal
YMMV on 10/27/2010 10:28:51 MDT Print View

I found the Exos to be moderately comfortable, but a long ways from ideal. Fit of a non-adjustable pack like this really varies. If you match Osprey's "normal" profile, you've got a great fit; otherwise, not so much!

Aaron Reichow
(areichow)

Locale: Northern Minnesota
Re: So True David on 10/27/2010 13:45:27 MDT Print View

I'm both fat *and* big boned, but most packs- especially Osprey packs- fit me much better than the Exos. I think your thought on where the hipbelts are anchored has a lot to do with it- seems like you'd need a 30" waist for the hipbelt to fit well...

Adam Kramer
(rbeard) - F

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia
Re: Re: So True David on 10/27/2010 14:03:00 MDT Print View

36 waist and felt the same way. that bag is perfect for those who are "more narrow"

I do however own a talon 44 and that fits much better and is very close

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Osprey Exos packs onsale at zappos.com on 10/27/2010 14:26:01 MDT Print View

>As always, YMMV, but I thought these were the most uncomfortable packs I had ever worn. Funny how pack fit tends to be a personal thing....

+100. I had a 46 and 58. Cool packs, and I really, really wanted them to work, but no. My skinny (31") buddy loves my 58.