November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Eagles Nest
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dondo .

Locale: Colorado Rockies
Eagles Nest on 10/19/2010 06:22:24 MDT Print View

New trip report at Dondo Outdoors.

Edited by Dondo on 10/19/2010 06:23:59 MDT.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
"Eagles Nest" on 10/19/2010 07:36:01 MDT Print View

Dondo, you're the man, this is a beautiful trip report. Thanks for your inspiration and as always, your excellent words and photographs.

Chris Benson
(roguenode) - F

Locale: Boulder
Re: Eagles Nest on 10/19/2010 08:04:58 MDT Print View

Nice report and great pic's of mirror lake after the snow. Brings back memories as I have family in Frisco and have done a few Gore range trips. Good time of year for the Aspens and lack of bugs!

Dondo .

Eagles Nest on 10/20/2010 06:12:32 MDT Print View

Thanks for your comments, guys.

Eugene, it's good to know that the passion I feel for wild places is coming through. BTW, love the latest batch of photos on your blog. It seems that you're developing a unique style.

Chris, yeah, the Gores are great, aren't they. Though not as well-known as other Colorado ranges, they have a rugged beauty all their own.

Eric Lundquist
(cobberman) - F - M

Locale: Northern Colorado
Re: Eagles Nest on 10/20/2010 09:34:50 MDT Print View

Great trip report and photos. I sorely miss the Gore Range. The Sierra's are nice but I don't feel that they are an equal substitute.

Dondo .

Eagles Nest on 10/21/2010 13:50:06 MDT Print View

Thanks, Eric. I didn't know you spent time in Colorado. From what I've seen in the trip reports here, the Sierras seem awesome as well.

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Re: Eagles Nest on 10/24/2010 18:19:17 MDT Print View

I'm with Eugene on your photos and comments. I always enjoy your reports.

Thanks for sharing!

Dondo .

Re: Re: Eagles Nest on 10/25/2010 19:42:56 MDT Print View

Thanks, Tom! I'm glad you're still following the reports.