November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Lands End Down Jacket
Display Avatars Sort By:
John Elbare
(jelbare) - MLife

Locale: Florida
Lands End Down Jacket on 10/13/2010 16:46:07 MDT Print View

For the budget conscious, here is a pretty good deal: 40% off Lands End 700 fill down jacket -- now $60.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Lands End Down Jacket on 10/13/2010 17:02:57 MDT Print View

I could not see any weight listed for that down jacket.

Erik Danielsen
(er1kksen) - F

Locale: The Western Door
11 oz. on 10/13/2010 18:05:52 MDT Print View

I'm wearing a women's small as I type this (they were out of men's smalls) and it weighs around 11 oz based on comparisons with items of known weight (I still have to get a scale). Others have reported weights of 12-14 oz. for larger sizes. It's quite warm and well made, so if you can get one for 50 or less (the one I bought was marked down to $40 when I first saw it but went up to $50 before my paycheck came in... such is life) I'd say it's well worth it.

Robert Coleman
(jbo_c) - F
Similar on 10/13/2010 18:56:39 MDT Print View

I got a similar one, but I really thought the fill was higher quality. Only paid $49 a few weeks ago. Allegedly rated to -20. I can't confirm that, but I'll never need to know. In fact, I'll probably never really need it, but I figured for $49 how could I go wrong.

Mine weighs in at 432gm right out of the bag(Men's Lg). Several grams to be removed if desired.

Edited by jbo_c on 10/13/2010 19:01:57 MDT.