Forum Index » GEAR » Camp Xenon Trekking Poles

Display Avatars Sort By:
Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Camp Xenon Trekking Poles on 10/11/2010 21:09:24 MDT Print View

http://www.camp-usa.com/products/trekking%20poles/xenon-537.asp

I'm surprised I haven't heard much talk about these.
$79 for 10 ounce (or less, size depending)
poles...
Granted, they're 3 piece non-adjustable, but that wouldn't bother me. I think I'd prefer them to single piece (I like stowing poles on my pack), providing they stay together well/don't get loose.
Interesting system for holding them together- instead of what appears to be shock cord, it's dyneema that you tension.

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Locale: SoCal
Re: Camp Xenon Trekking Poles on 10/11/2010 21:16:38 MDT Print View

Nice price for the weight. I wonder how sturdy they are compared to GG or TiGoat poles.

Brad Groves
(4quietwoods) - MLife

Locale: Michigan
Re: Camp Xenon Trekking Poles on 10/12/2010 10:47:05 MDT Print View

From Summer OR coverage:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/orsm2010_day_4_cool_finds.html

I'd be surprised if you don't see a review on these in the coming months.

Tim Haynes
(timalan)

Locale: Mid Atlantic
Camp Xenon Trekking Poles on 10/18/2011 11:04:28 MDT Print View

I got a pair of these last week and posted my impressions in the gear review thread.

Basics for me were that they were on sale for $50 (plus shipping), ended up weighing 8.7 oz on my scale (120cm version) and fold down to 12.6", all of which were AWESOME. However, I didn't like how they felt, so I'm sending them back (unless someone here wants to try them for $55 shipped...

They are no longer on sale, so if someone wants to try them, this is your cheapest option. I'm happy to send them to a fellow BPLer rather than back to the store, just let me know soon, since I'll be getting them out of the house by week's end, one way or another.

Paul Hatfield
(clear_blue_skies) - F
Spaghetti on 10/18/2011 12:11:23 MDT Print View

I tried these poles out indoors. They might work for someone under 100 pounds. For someone over 100 pounds, I think they are way too flexible.