Forum Index » GEAR » What's Your Weakness?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Sunny Waller
(dancer) - M

Locale: Southeast USA
What's Your Weakness? on 10/07/2010 13:21:09 MDT Print View

Mine is Shelter. My current list: Hexamid, Lunar Solo, Gatewood Cape, Golite Hex, Speer Hammock, BPL Bivy & Tarp. I sold my Squall Classic because of the noisey spinnaker fabric, and sold my Contrail because I like side entry better. The Gatewood cape is too hard to pitch, the bivy/tarp combo is very confining during bug season, the Lunar Solo is small.. I feel like Goldielocks. My favorites are Golite Hex & the Hexamid for the space you get. I love the Hexamid the most but will probably use the Hex in the winter because I can block out the wind better and I sleep VERY cold. Some of you are probably laughing at this shelter addiction of mine but some of you are laughing with me. What is YOUR Weakness??

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F - M
climbing shoes on 10/07/2010 13:40:18 MDT Print View

ive got 8 pairs,plus 2 pairs of approach shoes, plus 2 pairs of mountain boots

call me emelda marcos .. lol

Ike Mouser
(isaac.mouser) - F
patterns on 10/07/2010 13:47:18 MDT Print View

repetitive circular thought patterns

Andy Berner
(Berner9) - MLife

Locale: Michigan
Re: patterns on 10/07/2010 14:28:27 MDT Print View

Pattern is the problem I have.

goes like this. Buy, sell, buy, sell, buy, sell.

I don't wanna say how many things Ive had twice before.

Ben Wortman
(bwortman)

Locale: Nebraska
Shelters on 10/07/2010 14:56:54 MDT Print View

Shelters for me too! I can't even catch up to use each shelter on at least 1 trip. I have more shelters than trips I will take in the next 2 years!

I am such a loser!

John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

Locale: PNW
Packs..... on 10/07/2010 15:05:38 MDT Print View

I have something going with packs. I don't know what it is, but I seem to buy way to many. I just saw on Gear Deals someone looking for a MLD Burn. Do I have one...yes. Do I use it...no. Will I sell it...no. I seem to have a stack of them. MLD, GoLite, Gregory, Osprey, Kelty,...endless. My go to is my Exos Osprey, I love the comfort of this pack.

Rog Tallbloke
(tallbloke) - F

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
Re: What's Your Weakness? on 10/07/2010 15:18:58 MDT Print View

Hats.

Dan Magdoff
(highsierraguy) - F

Locale: Northern California
I wish! on 10/07/2010 15:27:46 MDT Print View

Id say if I had a weakness it would be shelters.....but still being a college student living off of loans, I still have the same tent my pops and I used...thing is probably at least 15 years old!! Ill be finishing up nursing school in 12 months, and have a list of backpacking equipment I will be upgrading to when I get my first few pay checks. The list includes a new pad, sleeping bag, several shelters, clothes, gravity water filter, teking poles...the list goes on and on. its torture seeing all this amazing equipment and not being able to afford any of it! Feel lucky to be able to buy what you want, when you want!

Ole Saether
(osaether) - MLife

Locale: Norway
Hilleberg on 10/07/2010 15:48:27 MDT Print View

Hilleberg tents! I have three of them, Staika, Jannu and Kaitum 3 GT (all colored red). I also have the Hilleberg Tarp UL 10 and the Bivanorak...

Edited by osaether on 10/07/2010 15:49:01 MDT.

Daniel Goldenberg
(dag4643) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwet
Re: Re: What's Your Weakness? on 10/07/2010 15:51:29 MDT Print View

Shelters and pots.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Re: Re: What's Your Weakness? on 10/07/2010 16:08:11 MDT Print View

Beer....er, I mean shelters.

Rick Dreher
(halfturbo) - MLife

Locale: Northernish California
Re: What's Your Weakness? on 10/07/2010 16:20:03 MDT Print View

What, I have to choose? Where's the all-of-them category?

Okay, cameras, no, wait, wine, uh, how about bicycles, naw, flashlights, naw, packs maybe...sheesh. Yeah, packs.

Rick

Jeff Antig
(Antig)

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: What's Your Weakness? on 10/07/2010 16:27:07 MDT Print View

I would say packs. I have so many that I had to stuff them into each other so that it'll all fit the room. The ironic part is that I still can't seem to find the perfect pack--not assuming that I ever will or anything...

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: What's Your Weakness? on 10/07/2010 16:34:27 MDT Print View

Fit, cute women wearing UL backpacks and lightweight hiking shoes.

Or did you mean something else?

Roy Staggs
(onepaddlejunkie) - F

Locale: SEC
stoves on 10/07/2010 16:48:46 MDT Print View

I have a load of stoves and cookware. I can't cook at all. I guess I'm hoping if I buy enough cooking stuff I'll learn to cook. I don't know if it works like that.

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Tents on 10/07/2010 17:18:31 MDT Print View

My weakness has always been tents. I am forever looking for the "perfect" shelter. Even though I realize it's probably impossible to get the combination of features I want (I might get everything I want but only at a huge weight penalty).

But it doesn't keep me from looking!

Hal Potts
(halpotts) - F

Locale: Middle Tennessee
What's Your Weakness? on 10/07/2010 17:33:46 MDT Print View

Headlamps. I have about ten at last count. I try to explain to my wife how each one has a different function from the other nine. I am summarily dismissed.

Michael Davis
(mad777) - F

Locale: South Florida
Packs, packs and more packs on 10/07/2010 17:58:40 MDT Print View

I own only 3 tents, so it must be packs because I have 8 of them and another is in the mail to me. That's without counting my 3 fanny packs.

I need to buy a pack to pack my packs in :(

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
What Weakness? on 10/07/2010 18:07:30 MDT Print View

OK... packs and tents. I like fondling packs especially -- but now own only two hiking packs and one shelter. It's all under control. :)

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
weakness on 10/07/2010 18:14:58 MDT Print View

knives, followed closely by packs