Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Mug lid and pot grabber
Display Avatars Sort By:
Chris Quinn
(cquinn) - MLife

Locale: North Queensland
Mug lid and pot grabber on 10/01/2010 13:18:26 MDT Print View

I found this silicone "jar opener" at the local dollar store recently for AU$ 2.Lid It fits my Snow Peak mug neatly, and also works well as a pot grabber.Mug with lid I have used it with both alcohol and canister stoves, and if you use the ridge around the rim to pick it up, your fingers don't get too hot. My mug is 4" (10.3cm) across the top, and 4 1/2" (11cm) high, and has a 25 fl oz (750ml) capacity. It's not as light as the recently posted MYOG version, but is 20g versus the original 34g Snow Peak lid. I did pick up a few extras, in case anyone would like one.

stefan hoffman
(puckem) - F

Locale: between trees
RE: Mug lid and pot grabber on 10/23/2010 23:08:53 MDT Print View

This is exactly what i need for my myog stove kit. Ive spent an embarassing amount of time searching google to find one just like that....and no luck. The brand on the lable in your photo has a glare on it so i couldnt look it up by brand. Where can i find one online? You said you got some extras, how much would it cost to have one shipped all the way over here to Nevada, US?

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: RE: Mug lid and pot grabber on 10/23/2010 23:11:31 MDT Print View

Stefan,
you might want to check this out

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=35377

stefan hoffman
(puckem) - F

Mug Lid on 10/24/2010 17:48:25 MDT Print View

I saw the older myog version. I dont want just a flat piece of silicone. I need something with concentric ripples or ridges of some sort.

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Mug lid and pot grabber on 10/24/2010 18:01:54 MDT Print View

This one won't help you Stefan, but for those looking for a flat silicone grabber/lid, I found this at a TJMaxx store for $0.99. The shark fin makes a good way to lift it off a mug and it is thin enough to flex in half for picking a pot up. Haven't actually used it yet so no idea how it is in practice:

http://www.amazon.com/Shark-Drain-Stopper-Kitchen-Novelty/dp/B002UDOLLY/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287964678&sr=8-2-fkmr0

stefan hoffman
(puckem) - F

Lid/grabber on 10/25/2010 14:08:52 MDT Print View

That is pretty cool though. I was using my drain cover for a while. I wonder if that one can handle the heat. I had a basic white one and it did well but it didn't get direct flame.

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Lid/grabber on 10/25/2010 14:17:25 MDT Print View

The "Shark Fin" drain cover mentioned above is made of silicone, so should handle close to 600°F.

SharkFin Silicone

Edited by greg23 on 10/25/2010 14:20:58 MDT.

Chris Quinn
(cquinn) - MLife

Locale: North Queensland
Re: Mug Lid on 10/29/2010 15:44:45 MDT Print View

Stefan, I'm not sure if you got my PM. I will post you a lid if you still want one. PM me your address.
Chris Q.