eVent Rain Pants & Rain Suits
Display Avatars Sort By:
Eric Blumensaadt
(Danepacker) - MLife

Locale: Mojave Desert
WPB shells & down jackets on 09/29/2010 16:13:08 MDT Print View

I'd say that the combo of a WPB shell (TRULY breathable) is OK for most 3 season backpacking IF you can avoid heavy exertion while wearing the down jacket.

I know of a 16 F. day in August, 2009 on the southern PCT that I'd have given a kidney for a down jacket instead of my double T-shirts, L.S. poly shirt, 200 weight pile vest and PacLite parka. It just wasn't enough, even W/ all those layers, for about 2 hours that frigid morning.

Now, with my new Eddie Bauer Down Sweater I'll have with me on next week's Tahoe Rim Trail I'll be fine. A wool balaclava goes along too, and some fleece gloves. My massuse is wearing down too. :)

Chris Jones
(NightMarcher) - F
Down jacket + WBP shell on 09/29/2010 19:20:11 MDT Print View

Dan,

What kind of a down jacket are we talking about here (which one do you use)? I could see wearing a down "sweater" under a WPB shell around camp, but anything bulkier (such as a Patagonia DAS parka) seems too much, as those type of down jackets are usually "standalone" jackets.

John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

Locale: PNW
CAMP eVent jacket on 09/30/2010 10:12:11 MDT Print View

I contacted the Italian company and they provided the following on the jacket pictured earlier on this post.

Dear Mr John,
thanks a lot for your enquiry.
First of all, let me introduce you to Mr Jesse Mattner (jesse@camp-usa.com) who is reading in copy and who is the director of CAMP USA, in Broomfield, Colorado.
From the information you filled in in our web site I see you are from Washington...
Mr Jesse will inform you if he has some stock of this jacket and where and how you can buy it.
I can tell you that this jacket was in last year collection and right now is out of production, but in Italy we have in stock some pieces of M size, colour black/silver. Here enclosed you can find the technical data sheet.
Mr Mattner will provide you other information regarding availability and so on.
Should you need further info, do not hesitate to contact me,
best regards

Roberta Tagliaferri
Export Department
C.A.M.P. S.p.A. - Via Roma 23 - 23834 PREMANA (LC) - Italy -
Phone +39.0341.890117 - Fax. +39.0341.818010 - Web : www.camp.it

I don't have the know how on how to attached the jpg that came along with the email. Here's the low down.

The jacket weighs 299 grams/10.55 ounces (medium)
Full length waterproof zipper
3 layer eVent
Adjustable waist and cuff with elastic cord
Two front pockets with waterproof zipper
Foldable/adjustable hood
Arm pocket for essentials

I'm impressed that they got all this under 300 grams.

John Nausieda
(Meander) - MLife

CAMP event jacket on 09/30/2010 10:20:44 MDT Print View

I turned up a completed auction of Ebay for a red one that sold for $150. The seller has one left in a medium if anyone is interested. She's in Colorado .

Brad Groves
(4quietwoods) - MLife

Locale: Michigan
sizing comment on 09/30/2010 12:05:27 MDT Print View

Just to clarify, when I said to go up one size on the Rab/ID stuff, I say that assuming you're just wearing "normal" clothing. IE, if I'm wearing a 150-wt wool and a midweight wool, I definitely need to go up a size to a large.

John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

CAMP jacket - I found it for $150! on 09/30/2010 14:54:41 MDT Print View

http://www.camp-usa.com/products/apparel/closeout/closeout-compact-event-jacket-1804.asp

Kyle Crawford
(getupandgo) - F

Locale: SouthEast
CAMP B-Dry Jacket on 09/30/2010 14:57:12 MDT Print View

This jacket looks interested from C.A.M.P.

6.7 oz
$119.99
http://www.camp-usa.com/products/apparel/b-dry-jacket-1808.asp

What are you're thoughts?

John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

Camp Jacket on 09/30/2010 15:17:44 MDT Print View

Kyle,

I noticed they called it an 'Emergency Rainshell'. I don't know if it'll take hours of rain.

Ryan Teale
(monstertruck) - F

Locale: Almost Yosemite
Camp Event on closeout on 09/30/2010 16:34:45 MDT Print View

I think this is what you all are looking for

Compact Event Shell

They only have medium left in red

They have the pants in small and medium also

Compact Event Pants

Weiyi Wang
(wwyjedi)

Locale: mid
sizing chart? on 09/30/2010 16:38:40 MDT Print View

where can i find the sizing chart for camp jacket?