Forum Index » General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How's your Fall weather?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
How's your Fall weather? on 09/27/2010 02:15:05 MDT Print View

I can't wait for some cooler weather. High here today was 111F (44C).

Douglas Raymond
(Dougr320) - F

Locale: Indy
re on 09/27/2010 02:18:03 MDT Print View

Temps finally down to the mid 80s here in Louisiana, hopefully it lasts.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: How's your Fall weather? on 09/27/2010 06:15:30 MDT Print View

Nick. Just come north. Been beautiful here. Highs around 70, lows around 40.

Jim Colten
(jcolten) - M

Locale: MN
Re: How's your Fall weather? on 09/27/2010 07:40:20 MDT Print View

Mid week last week we got soaked with about 3" of rain. Not complaining though, 70 miles south of here is a large area that received 7-11 inches!

Been dry since with low temps in the 40's and highs in the 60's. Fall colors are coming on strong.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
"How's your Fall weather?" on 09/27/2010 08:11:57 MDT Print View

Warm days (low-mid 80's) and cool evenings (58-62F), not a cloud in the sky and a beautiful high desert sun making the most out of the shorter days. I was up in the Sandia Mountains for a trail race this weekend in Albuquerque, it was sunny and cool (50's-60's) with the Aspen turning color, absolutely beautiful. I couldn't imagine being in 111F heat right now, even for a desert dweller like myself. I'm sending positive cool weather thoughts your way Nick cause that just doesn't sound pleasant...

Eric Lundquist
(cobberman) - F - M

Locale: Dry side of the Eastern Sierra's
Re: How's your Fall weather? on 09/27/2010 08:15:09 MDT Print View

Weather was great two weeks ago for a short trip in the Desolation Wilderness. Started warming up again and expecting to break some records today at 92, ugh!

Steven Evans
(Steve_Evans) - MLife

Locale: Canada
Re: How's your Fall weather? on 09/27/2010 08:26:03 MDT Print View

You can have some of our cool air. 53*F and starting to rain right now...I was in Vegas again last week, loved every minute of it! :)

Tyeen Taylor
(TyMaz) - F

Locale: Alaska
fall weather on 09/27/2010 08:31:30 MDT Print View

I saw a few flakes falling last night here in fairbanks. Much love...

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: fall weather on 09/27/2010 08:36:59 MDT Print View

Uhhhh....Fall?.....uhhhhh.....

I did some big miles and elevation this weekend, as well as some tri training (bike/run brick)....

....105 degrees....!

It's Monday morning and I'm still trying to get my pee back to something that doesn't resemble weak coffee.

Joseph Reeves
(Umnak)

Locale: Southeast Alaska
Re: How's your Fall weather? on 09/27/2010 09:53:40 MDT Print View

Southeast Alaska

We had 12 days of no rain in September -- a new record besting the one set in 1973 -- then the high went away and we got this for the weekend...

Fall Weather

Though it didn't stop us from being in the forest.

Ken Bennett
(ken_bennett) - F

Locale: southeastern usa
cooling, finally on 09/27/2010 12:10:05 MDT Print View

Since late June we've had 67 days with temps above 90-F. Set another record. Joy. Our garden is a wreck, and our flower beds look like, well, I just can't talk about it.

Finally got some rain yesterday after 3 dry weeks. With any luck we'll keep the cooler weather that came in with the rain.

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
How's your Fall weather? on 09/27/2010 12:46:17 MDT Print View

Finally dropping into the upper 80s - low 90s.

Mike W
(skopeo) - F - M

Locale: British Columbia
How's your Fall weather? on 09/27/2010 13:58:49 MDT Print View

Lows 45F
Highs 68F

However, at this time of year on Vancouver Island, rain and wind are the issues not temperature. Over the weekend the north and west coast of the island saw hurricane force winds and 8 inches of rain overnight! Glad I wasn't out in it.

Rick Dreher
(halfturbo) - MLife

Locale: Northernish California
Re: How's your Fall weather? on 09/27/2010 14:20:13 MDT Print View

After a brief and pleasant flirtation with fall we're back to full-on summer, only the days are shorter. 100+ and smoggy predicted for the next two days, then a plunge to the low-90s by week's end.

OTOH it's nice in the mountains (outside the deer huntin' zones). Summer gear was plenty warm last weekend and people were scarce. Quite a nighttime show, between the visible planets and fall moon.

Cheers,

Rick

Stephen Owens
(walknhigh) - MLife

Locale: White Mtns, AZ
"How's your Fall weather?" on 09/27/2010 14:49:02 MDT Print View

At 7000' in Arizona you'll find frost in the morning and 80 in the afternoon. The aspens on the flanks of Escudilla mountain started changing colors last week. Can't beat the weather in the high southwest. But I am partial.