TrailCast Pod Cast?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ryan Stoughton
(TxTengu) - F

Locale: Seattle
TrailCast Pod Cast? on 08/08/2006 07:44:21 MDT Print View

Anyone know what happened with this pod cast? There hasn't been a new episode since April 27th.

Ryan

Steven Sergeant
(SteveSgt) - F
Re: TrailCast Pod Cast? on 08/26/2006 00:36:26 MDT Print View

Perhaps he's out on the trail? That's the gossip from the Whiteblaze net.

Bob produces his show totally as a hobby when he feels like it. When he's busy elsewhere, it gets neglected.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Re: TrailCast Pod Cast? on 08/26/2006 00:55:02 MDT Print View

I've been wondering that throughout the summer as well. I religiously listened to all the first episodes and had presumed that this summer he was simply out doing what we all love to do - - hiking. I hope that he will be back in the interiewers seat this winter because last winter it was a great way to help get through the months of less hiking.

Robert Humphreys
(robhumphreys) - F

Locale: Oregon
TrailCast Pod Cast? on 12/03/2006 21:51:23 MST Print View

I e-mailed him several times over the sumnmner and fall to see if he planned to do more episodes. I have never heard back. I thought his was the best backpacking podcast out there.

Daniel Goldenberg
(dag4643)

Locale: Pacific Northwet
Re: Re: TrailCast Pod Cast? on 12/03/2006 22:26:05 MST Print View

I'm not sure what is going on at trailcast but if anybody is a fan of these podcasts they might check out this site:

practical backpacking podcasts.

There are some pretty good podcasts there including lots of the usual suspects.

Dan

Ryan Jordan
(ryan) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Greater Yellowstone
Re: Re: Re: TrailCast Pod Cast? on 12/03/2006 23:53:31 MST Print View

It was indeed a very good podcast. I really liked his personality.

Carol and I are testing the waters here too. I think she's interviewing, or has already interviewed, Glen Van Peski for a podcast to be released here, and next week I'm interviewing Mike Clelland and a NOLS student about their experience on the NOLS course this summer. Should be fun, even if my on air presence leaves a little to be desired! Ha! Maybe I should drink a bottle of wine beforehand. No, that would be bad.

But we've been talking about doing a BPL podcasting program for nine months now. it's just a matter of finding the right people who are engaging on-air personalities and can produce them for us that's the tough part. It's a valuable skill.

Edited by ryan on 12/03/2006 23:54:23 MST.