WTB: Montbell Handy Scoop
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jeff K
(jeff.k) - F

Locale: New York
WTB: Montbell Handy Scoop on 09/20/2010 06:39:08 MDT Print View

All,

I am looking for a lightweight trowel.

If you have one you are looking to get rid of please PM me your offer.

Thanks,
Jeff

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
alternative on 09/20/2010 07:30:02 MDT Print View

Hey Jeff, best of luck with nabbing one of these. In the event that you can't land one, I've found that REI snowstakes work very well as a trowel. They are cheaper and lighter.

http://tiny.cc/z1rbl

Chad Helmke
(the-gear-recycler) - MLife

Locale: High Rockies
Check this one out... on 09/20/2010 09:19:18 MDT Print View

Check out www.americankami.com for his spork/trowel/multi-tool made out of titanium and weighing @ 2oz. I picked one up and they are pretty cool not to mention ultralight and ultra functional. And no, I'm not affiliated in any way. DJ makes some sweet knives too but not so lightweight. Take care and good luck!

Elizabeth Tracy
(mariposa) - M

Locale: Outside
REI snow stake on 09/20/2010 09:23:46 MDT Print View

Another vote for the snow stake.
It's unbreakable!
Plus, you can use it as a...guess what...tent stake.

Jeff K
(jeff.k) - F

Locale: New York
Re: alternative on 09/20/2010 09:25:33 MDT Print View

Konrad-

Thanks for the alternative option. I had looked at this, and I normally use a rock, stick, trekking pole, etc. but when I go on trips with people (i.e my girlfriend) where the idea of digging a cat hole might prevent them from coming on a trip, I want to make it easy for them.

I might end up getting a snow stake, but if anyone has any offers for the Montbell scoop please let me know.

Jeff

Tony Fleming
(TonyFleming) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
Montbell Handy Scoop on 09/20/2010 15:07:22 MDT Print View

Hi Jeff,

I have a brand new one in the package with tag attached. It was much smaller than I expected, and my wife did not want to switch to it. $5.00 plus shipping and it's yours. If your interested email me at lightpacker at hotmail dot com.

Tony

Edited by TonyFleming on 09/20/2010 15:09:21 MDT.