Fall Creek Falls
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jackie Barker
(littlerunner) - M
Fall Creek Falls on 09/19/2010 13:21:09 MDT Print View

Anyone packed in the Fall Creek Falls park? Thinking of taking a group of scouts early november

Bradford Rogers
(Mocs123) - MLife

Locale: Southeast Tennessee
Re: Fall Creek Falls on 09/30/2010 10:25:09 MDT Print View

Are you talking about the State Park in Tennessee?

Jackie Barker
(littlerunner) - M
fcf on 10/10/2010 10:04:19 MDT Print View

yes tennessee

Bradford Rogers
(Mocs123) - MLife

Re: fcf on 10/13/2010 08:25:06 MDT Print View

I have not done any of the overnight trails in Fall Creek Falls themselves, but there are a lot of good trails in that same area.

Savage Gulf has lots of great trails for scouts. I recommend the North Rim-North Plateau loop or the Collins Gulf loop if you are looking for something really easy, or a North Rim-South Rim loop if you don't mind something a little more difficult.

Virgin Falls, though only 8 miles round trip, is a great place for scouts, and is a very interesting place.

Fiery Gizzard Trail is a great trail in the south Cumberland area that is full of rugged beauty.

Jackie Barker
(littlerunner) - M
fcf on 10/17/2010 12:06:17 MDT Print View

Savage is great.Been there a couple times. Was just looking for a different place for a change

Bradford Rogers
(Mocs123) - MLife

Re: fcf on 10/18/2010 05:37:53 MDT Print View

If you haven't done Virgin Falls (near Sparta, TN) it would be my first suggestion. It isn't long (~4 miles each way) but has some nice waterfalls and caves. Spring is best for the waterfalls and Summer/Fall is the best time to explore the caves.

The Fiery Gizzard Trail is another nice one. The lower section is very rocky and rugged, but extremely beautiful. The southern section is easier hiking but still nice. There are a few waterfalls and rock formations that make this one worth wile.

You might also look at the Cumberland Trail. The Piney River Segment is very nice.