November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Capilene on Clearance
Display Avatars Sort By:
Greg Foster
(thefost) - MLife
Capilene on Clearance on 09/16/2010 17:50:56 MDT Print View

The older version of Capilene baselayers is on clearance at . Great prices!|0

Steven Adeff
(TinCanFury) - F

Locale: Boston
nice find on 09/17/2010 09:02:23 MDT Print View

question though, I notice in at least the Cap3 and Cap4, they have the standard bottoms, then they have "Cap 3 Midweight" and "Cap 4 Expedition" which are not on sale. What then is the difference, and why would I get the Cap3 midweight over the standard Cap4?

the other question is, ignoring cost, why would I want to go with Capilene over Wool for winter hiking? I've got a few good wool tops for winter hiking, but I only have a Cap1 bottom and so am looking to get something, is there a reason I should jump on this deal or just save up and buy Icebreaker bottoms?

Christian Edstrom
(bjorn240) - F

Locale: Westchester County, NY
Children on 09/17/2010 10:41:22 MDT Print View

Thanks. Picked up a couple pieces for my kid.

Brett Peugh
(bpeugh) - F - M

Locale: Midwest
Cap on 09/18/2010 06:53:08 MDT Print View

Patagonia made their new season line of Capilene a bit thicker. That is what is not on sale. As for wool, it does have its place but if you think you will be getting wet a lot, and especially for bottoms, you might not want to wear wool but something that will dry much faster.