Forum Index » Gear Swap » WTB heineken can

Display Avatars Sort By:
John West
(skyzo) - F

Locale: Borah Gear
WTB heineken can on 09/14/2010 12:47:28 MDT Print View

Well, the only place in town that sold the large 24oz heinekens closed down, and I need to make a new pot for my upcoming trip on the 24th! Does anyone have an extra one laying around anywhere? I'd refund the shipping charges.
Thanks

Michael Ray
(topshot) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
Re: WTB heineken can on 09/14/2010 12:56:17 MDT Print View

Contact Javan Dempsey
Related thread

Erick Panger
(eggs) - MLife

Locale: Mid Life
I'd be happy to empty one for you on 09/14/2010 13:43:16 MDT Print View

How many you want

PM Me

Javan Dempsey
(jdempsey)

Locale: The-Stateless-Society
Re: I'd be happy to empty one for you on 09/14/2010 14:04:44 MDT Print View

Actually I only got about half of those out for people that requested them, and then got caught up in moving.

I think I owe some people some pm's! =\

John West
(skyzo) - F

thanks on 09/21/2010 16:10:57 MDT Print View

Erick, received them today, thanks a ton!

Erick Panger
(eggs) - MLife

Enjoy on 09/22/2010 07:31:12 MDT Print View

Let me know if you ever need more. Always looking for an excuse to drink more beer

Dale South
(dsouth) - M

Locale: Southeast
heineken can on 09/22/2010 07:56:21 MDT Print View

Erick, I sure could use a 2 or 3. I am down to one and Alabama does not allow beer to be sold in cans larger than 16 oz. I will gladly pay plus shipping.

Dale

John West
(skyzo) - F

Cans on 09/22/2010 10:25:29 MDT Print View

Erick, it looks like you may have a business going! :)

Erick Panger
(eggs) - MLife

I'll be a drunk in no time on 09/22/2010 12:29:02 MDT Print View

PM sent Dale.

I might have to higher some employees to help with this new found venture. Hmm maybe even TARP funds could be had. Or an Energy Star credit of some sort.

Eric Lundquist
(cobberman) - F - M

Locale: Northern Colorado
Cans on 09/22/2010 13:11:49 MDT Print View

Is there already a source for Heineken cans with the top removed ala Good Cook method for use as a lid? Now that would be a good business.

I'm only asking as I found a source for the cans here in Reno, but having trouble getting the darned lid off. I butchered it on the first try. I'm gonna try the sandpaper method next.

Adam Kramer
(rbeard) - F

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia
Re: I'll be a drunk in no time on 09/22/2010 13:15:53 MDT Print View

I will work for you from home on the weekends. Let me know.

I doubt you would qualify for TARP...maybe TARP-TENT at best.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Cans on 09/22/2010 13:58:28 MDT Print View

"Is there already a source for Heineken cans with the top removed ala Good Cook method for use as a lid? Now that would be a good business."

I will be more than happy to empty and cut as many Heineken or Fosters cans as you'd like, you pay all shipping.
PM me for my address.

Erick Panger
(eggs) - MLife

Side cut can opener on 09/23/2010 03:35:56 MDT Print View

Eric

But I had to modify mine a bit to work. It had a plastic piece that seemed to keep it from coming in contact with cutting wheel on the side of the beer can. Once I removed the little plastic hump under the cutting wheel I was good to go.

I can remove these lids prior to shipping if you want. I'll leave the pop top unopened as well

Paul Alpert
(cannoo) - F

Locale: Midlantic
Cans on 09/23/2010 05:06:35 MDT Print View

I thought I should introduce myself as Erick's assistant can emptier. The need for cans has escalated and Erick needed alittle help. Of course he is still the number one can emptier. I am learning.

Michael Ray
(topshot) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
WTB heineken keg cans on 05/05/2011 20:22:45 MDT Print View

Anybody have some 24 oz keg cans they want to get rid of?

Brian Macari
(BGMACARI) - MLife

Locale: Mid-Atlantic
What a delightful thread! on 05/06/2011 05:26:59 MDT Print View

So many positive waves (quote:Kelly's Heroes-Donald Sutherland as Oddball the tank commander)! I almost didn't look at it cause I don't really use alcohol stove. I use a coffee can pot when I do. I am definitely going to have to look into this method, though! Outstanding!

Peter Sustr
(czechxpress) - F - M

Locale: Boulder
Heineken Cans on 05/06/2011 15:06:53 MDT Print View

If anyone needs Heineken Cans, they sell them here in Colorado so they are available everywhere. I also have the safe can opener so the edges are smooth and top fit on snug.
I don't have empty's so you would have to pay for me to drink the beer and then ship :)

Always willing to help out a BPLer

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
Changes to the Keg style on 05/06/2011 19:00:49 MDT Print View

So I recently found out that Heineken is phasing out the Keg Can, and instead changing all their 24oz sized beers into the straight cylinder fosters style can (without the reinforced bands that we love on the keg). I wrote this post on another thread earlier, but I figure it's related to this thread as well

"wow, so I didn't realize that they did a complete change over to Foster's style plain can. I went over to the largest liquor store in my area and asked if they had any of the "keg" style cans in stock and the guy mentioned that they were just phased out. That said, I did manage to grab some at another smaller liquor store nearby. So they are definitely out there, but are more or less on the brink of extinction. While I don't usually encourage hording...now would be the appropriate time to do so."

Conspiracy theory (the internet) suggests a combination of BPA scare/liability/and Heineken finding out that us gram nerds love to cook stuff in their cans. But who knows

Edited by Konrad1013 on 05/06/2011 19:02:41 MDT.

Brian Macari
(BGMACARI) - MLife

Locale: Mid-Atlantic
Its a conspiracy! on 05/06/2011 19:08:49 MDT Print View

Konrad, I am personally always up for a good conspiracy theory. My favorite saying: just because you are not paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you. Heineken is on to the ultra-light community!

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: WTB heineken keg cans on 05/06/2011 22:10:16 MDT Print View

Michael, I have one I've never used and I'm trying to minimize my gear.
PM me your address and I'll ship it out for free.