Forum Index » Post-Trip Reports » Very Short Overnight On The PCT

Display Avatars Sort By:
Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
Very Short Overnight On The PCT on 09/13/2010 22:02:04 MDT Print View

I had some time off from work, so i loaded up my pack and the dog and i hit the trail this weekend. We started from the PCT trail head at McKenzie pass and hiked South to North Matthieu Lake. The weather was great, no bugs and more stars that night than i could count. I recommend this as a nice short hike if you have limited time to get out.

Three SistersPCT Trail MarkerBennie--trail name: "SHERPA"North Matthieu Lake TH"Matt" lake:)Modded Hex 3Bigfoot and SherpaSunsetSunsetSunsetSunsetSouth Sister viewed from the lake.Custom Tim Marshall/Bigfoot designed dog quilt.On the way back.In front of South Sister....

Edited by bigfoot2 on 09/13/2010 22:04:09 MDT.

David Lutz
(davidlutz)

Locale: Bay Area
"Very Short Overnight On The PCT" on 09/13/2010 22:20:41 MDT Print View

Very nice......I keep trying to put together a trip in Oregon with my Seattle brother, so the Oregon trip reports are very useful.....

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Very Short Overnight On The PCT on 09/13/2010 22:22:42 MDT Print View

Great pics Matt - the pics of your furry friend brings back fond memories of my dog. Thanks,

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Very Short Overnight On The PCT on 09/13/2010 22:32:51 MDT Print View

Looks great! Did you see anyone else?

Mary D
(hikinggranny) - MLife

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge
Very Short Overnight On The PCT on 09/13/2010 23:00:11 MDT Print View

I looked at the pictures first and exclaimed, "That's Bigfoot and Bennie!" Sure enough! Nice to see you out there!

(I'm OregonMouse on the other lightweight backpacking site)

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
Hi, OM! on 09/13/2010 23:39:44 MDT Print View

"I looked at the pictures first and exclaimed, "That's Bigfoot and Bennie!" Sure enough! Nice to see you out there!

(I'm OregonMouse on the other lightweight backpacking site)"

Glad you liked the pics, OM! I knew exactly who you were when i saw "HikinGranny". People, this lady is the REAL DEAL and can out hike anyone (her own age).

Jim Shaw was supposed to go on this hike but backed out at the last minute, so it was just me and Bennie.

I saw lots of day hikers, but no other backpackers.

BF