Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Skurka Finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Ray
(topshot) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
Re: Skurka finished on 09/12/2010 05:39:00 MDT Print View

> I think the most amazing thing is the mental endurance of the trip. Knowing your in the middle of freakin no where, you haven't seen a road or person for a week and you still have a 1,000 miles to go... now thats tough.

Agreed - hard to imagine even for an introvert like me.

ROBERT TANGEN
(RobertM2S) - M

Locale: Lake Tahoe
What's Next? on 09/13/2010 18:23:52 MDT Print View

Unsupported to the South Pole wearing only shorts and a T-shirt (GoLite, of course)?

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: What's Next? on 09/13/2010 19:17:13 MDT Print View

He's going to traverse the circumference of the moon. Unsupported. No space suit.

Jim Colten
(jcolten) - M

Locale: MN
Skurka on a Fairbanks radio station on 09/23/2010 17:57:53 MDT Print View

Here's a Fairbanks radio station's piece about Andrews latest little hike.

I'm still chuckling over Roman Dial's comment that Andrew'd "make a really good sled dog"

Regarding Robert's quip: "Unsupported to the South Pole wearing only shorts and a T-shirt" ... Andrew's already test driven that concept late in his Ultralight in the Nation's Icebox trek ... documented in the last photo on this page.

Edited by jcolten on 09/23/2010 17:59:51 MDT.

Jim Colten
(jcolten) - M

Locale: MN
Skurka 's final thoughts about the expedition on 10/01/2010 20:27:34 MDT Print View

Andrew's wrapup AYE blog entry ... why can't I get a hyperlink to work here, here's the less convenient form:

http://ngadventure.typepad.com/blog/2010/09/alaska-yukon-expedition-three-ways-the-expedition-changed-me-both-as-a-wilderness-traveler-and-human.html

Edited by jcolten on 10/01/2010 20:35:03 MDT.