Forum Index » Editor's Roundtable » Peace Pilgrim: Minimalist Trekker for World Peace

Display Avatars Sort By:
Addie Bedford
(addiebedford) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Peace Pilgrim: Minimalist Trekker for World Peace on 09/07/2010 14:06:16 MDT Print View

Companion forum thread to:

Peace Pilgrim: Minimalist Trekker for World Peace

George Matthews
(gmatthews) - MLife
Re: Peace Pilgrim: Minimalist Trekker for World Peace on 09/07/2010 19:04:14 MDT Print View

Interesting story. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Peace Pilgrim: Minimalist Trekker for World Peace on 09/08/2010 12:20:48 MDT Print View

Thanks for the story Jeremy- I have enjoyed all of your articles on BPL.

Kathy A Handyside
(earlymusicus) - M

Locale: Southeastern Michigan
Re: "Peace Pilgrim" on 09/08/2010 13:09:16 MDT Print View

What a wonderful, inspirational story! I was born in 1952, but I had never heard of this woman. I knew about Grandma Gatewood, but not "Peace Pilgrim."

This is a very timely article, given the high unemployment rates, people losing all their possessions, and given the extreme overconsumption our country still engages in.

As a 99er, I've been thinking about the nomad life, because there's a good chance I, too, will be losing my house and car. I read Rita Goldman Gelman's book, "Tales of a Female Nomad." Peace Pilgrim reminded me a lot of Rita, who shares peace and goodwill with people all around the world.

Thanks for a great article!

Ken Charpie
(kencharpie) - MLife

Locale: Western Oregon
great story! on 09/08/2010 18:39:45 MDT Print View

I've read a copy of Peace Pilgrim's pamphlet (they are still available today, a quick google search should find the site honoring her legacy) and appreciate this telling of her story, since I was only aware of a few details. Very inspiring and thought provoking!

Kathy Hoffman
(basecampbound) - M

Locale: Foothills of San Gabriel Mtns.
Beauty in simplicity on 09/09/2010 02:43:51 MDT Print View

Absolutely beautiful and inspiring story. Thanks for sharing.

AM Martin
(Snowbird) - F
Peace Pilgrim Inspiration on 09/09/2010 16:54:34 MDT Print View

Thanks for the great story! A wonderful reminder of the existence of an ascetic saint in modern times. Her experiences are genuine, and mirror many of those of other saints and sages.
I remember reading about her many years ago - for a period of time, she walked through California maintaining silence to promote world peace, always for peace.
Thanks again for the story and the reminder to be peaceful.

Edited by Snowbird on 09/09/2010 16:55:58 MDT.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
Peace Pilgrim: Minimalist Trekker for World Peace on 09/09/2010 19:02:08 MDT Print View

Thank you very much for this one. Great life story .
I too don't recall having ever heard of her, what an amazing person !
Franco

Rebecca Cummings
(Becky908)

Locale: So. Cal
I've never heard of this woman on 09/17/2010 10:35:55 MDT Print View

What a surprise to read about this woman. Why haven't I ever heard of her? Thank you for a wonderful story. It is a reminder that the most inspiring people are those who live their beliefs in word AND deed.

Kristin Tennessen
(ktenness) - MLife

Locale: Sierra Nevadas
Re: Peace Pilgrim on 09/23/2010 02:10:00 MDT Print View

In a male dominated activity, I especially love hearing tales about ultralight-moving women.

Edited by ktenness on 09/23/2010 02:10:40 MDT.

Edward Zwibel
(YetiEddie) - MLife

Locale: Sunny San Diego
Relevant on 04/07/2011 16:52:19 MDT Print View

Have to appreciate surrender to a calling. Passion.