Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Amazing Bull
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Amazing Bull on 08/19/2010 19:06:08 MDT Print View

I never knew a bull could jump like THAT!! Bull in a bull ring got tired of the taunting -- jumped over the ringside fence, cleared the moat and over a second railing -- and went straight for the crowd!! Got 40 people hurt! Good for him!! All captured in video. Pretty amazing.

Edited by ben2world on 08/19/2010 19:07:12 MDT.

Brian Camprini
(bcamprini) - MLife

Locale: Southern Appalachians
Re: Amazing Bull on 08/19/2010 19:23:26 MDT Print View

I once saw a bullfight that lasted about 5 seconds. The bull came out at a full sprint into an empty ring. Usually the bull sort of slows down once he realizes he's alone, but this one went crazy. He ran full-steam into the barerra (the super heavy wooden wall around the ring). He knocked a 2 foot wide hole in it, knocked himself unconcious, and that was the end of the fight. Everyone went nuts when the bull came to, and they demanded that they no one fight him. He was given a standing ovation and was put out to stud. That was one smart bull.

George Matthews
(gmatthews) - MLife
Re: Amazing Bull on 08/19/2010 20:21:43 MDT Print View

A long, long time ago, I spent a day watching bull fights in Barcelona. Was really interesting. Guys on horses with lances, stabbers running up to the bull, and, of course, the man with the red cape and a sword through the heart at the end. The crowds go crazy. Reading about it or watching a video does not capture the passion. Afterwards the bull ends up becoming food for poor people.

After watching in person, I've always felt that at least the bull has a chance. Think about the cattle that go through slaughter houses. And the beef is not free.

I've read recently that bull fighting is being banned in parts of Spain. Hmmm.

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Amazing Bull on 08/19/2010 20:58:32 MDT Print View

Viva El Toro! For once it was a fair fight: El Toro 40
Los Muchachos 0

Edited by ouzel on 08/19/2010 20:59:14 MDT.