November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Tee Pee tent pole
Display Avatars Sort By:
Erick Panger
(eggs) - MLife

Locale: Mid Life
Tee Pee tent pole on 08/19/2010 07:10:16 MDT Print View

I don't often hike with trekking poles so that is not an option for the Tee Pee.

So I'm in search of a Carbon fiber pole. Most of the ones I find for a typical tent I think might not be stiff enough due to their diameter.

I found a source for a carbon pole which should

I'm now in search of ferrules.

My questions are

Does anyone have a source for ferrules

Is this pole over sized. They offer small ID.

Is this even the right carbon layup for the job.

No weights are listed on the site but I think I can lose 8 ounces over the stock 13 ounce Golite center pole.

Edited by eggs on 08/19/2010 07:11:44 MDT.

kevin timm
(ktimm) - MLife

Locale: Colorado (SeekOutside)
Tipi Pole on 08/19/2010 07:40:21 MDT Print View

We will have an adjustable carbon fiber pole in a few days, they are in route.

4 , 24" sections (including ferrels). It adjusts from 50" to 87 " ft in one inch increments. 9 ounces. No shockcording.

We are updating website today.

Let me know if you need more information.

Erick Panger
(eggs) - MLife

Locale: Mid Life
Interesting on 08/19/2010 07:48:10 MDT Print View

I only need 69" so can this still be used as adjustable with only 3 sections. Or is the adjustability the sections them self.

I'll be your first customer what is the cost. 5 ounces is not as big a savings as I was hoping but it's a start

Edited by eggs on 08/19/2010 15:08:33 MDT.

kevin timm
(ktimm) - MLife

Locale: Colorado (SeekOutside)
Pole on 08/19/2010 08:22:33 MDT Print View

You can remove one section if you only need 59" and that will save about 2 ounces. So the saving would be 7 ounces.

It's a strong pole, about the same size as the golite pole or expedition easton with a thicker wall.

Pricing is on the site. If you don't need one section we can reduce it.