Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Overnight Loop in the White Clouds in the Sawtooth National Rec
Display Avatars Sort By:
Brian Ahlers
(bahlers7) - F

Locale: Idaho
Overnight Loop in the White Clouds in the Sawtooth National Rec on 08/10/2010 17:57:58 MDT Print View

Just wanted to share a few photos from my White Clouds loop I did on Sunday and Monday this week. Covered about 23 miles on Sunday and 5 on Monday to get back for a class Monday evening. Awesome scenery as you will see in the photos, ran into a thunderstorm while I was crossing a saddle at about 10k feet. Was a great trip but not a lot of solitude unfortunately but the views made up for that!

b s
(smyth) - F
Re: Overnight Loop in the White Clouds in the Sawtooth National Rec on 08/10/2010 19:52:57 MDT Print View

Wow, is that second picture real? It looks like some digitized video game fantasy land. Beautiful stuff. Thanks for posting.

Brian Ahlers
(bahlers7) - F

Locale: Idaho
Re: Re: Overnight Loop in the White Clouds in the Sawtooth National Rec on 08/10/2010 21:23:52 MDT Print View

Haha, it is totally for real. I thought the same thing when I saw it blown up. That's Castle Peak in that photo.

John West
(skyzo) - M

Locale: Borah Gear
trip on 08/12/2010 22:14:00 MDT Print View

I went on a trip to the White Clouds a few weeks back, and that place has to be one of my favorites to backpack in. Awesome views and cool lakes. Unfortunately we didnt have very much solitude either, but still a great trip.