Forum Index » Gear Lists » 140 Mile Colorado Loop Hike

Display Avatars Sort By:
Stuart Burke
(burkest) - F

Locale: Collegiate Peaks Wilderness
140 Mile Colorado Loop Hike on 08/08/2010 19:48:25 MDT Print View

I have posted a gear list for my upcoming hike in Colorado. I will be doing a loop hike that roughly circumnavigates summit county. I will connect sections of the colorado trail and continental divide trail. I have not received the TiGoat poles so the weight is from their website. My sleeping pad is a little on the heavy side, but on previous trips I have taken foam pads and have suffered from poor sleep. I have a spot messenger that I am thinking about taking but have not decided yet so I have left it off the list.

John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

Locale: PNW
Your Pad does Stand Out on 08/09/2010 13:13:09 MDT Print View

The weight of your pad does stand out, but I agree with you 100%. I carry a NeoAir and I know there's lighter, but I like my comfort. The same goes with my pack. I know my 2.7 lb Osprey EXOS is not exactly light, but I don't even notice it on my back...by far the best I've used and worth it!

Chris Gray
(ChrisFol) - F

Locale: Denver, Coloado
Re: 140 Mile Colorado Loop Hike on 08/17/2010 00:34:25 MDT Print View

-Clothing stuff sack. Nix. Save 0.3oz
-You have 3.5L of water capacity. In the Rockies, I would argue for no more than 2L.
- You have a lot of stuff sacks (clothing, foot scare, small item, water treatment etc) Can you not combine?

-Nix the 1x darn tough socks
-Nix bugnet-- is it needed later summer at altitude?
-Nix altimeter-- compass is far lighter

Sleeping is a luxury for you.
-Trade the pad
-Sitpad
-Pillow
and save 1lb

-nix fuel cup and just mark the fuel bottle

-nix batteries
-nix cell phone

-nix pack towel (use bandana)
-nix trowel (use rock)