Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
FS: Gaz Bluet Stove
Display Avatars Sort By:
Arthur Yates
(RowdyY) - F

Locale: North Central Tennessee
FS: Gaz Bluet Stove(Price Lowered) on 08/06/2010 17:34:36 MDT Print View

SOLD !! This is an older model (S 200 S) Gaz Camping International Stove. It uses the small fuel canisters. It has not been used in several years, just stored in the gear closet. I am asking $3.00, plus shipping. I will accept PayPal. PM me with any questions.GAZ Bluet S 200 S Stove

Edited by RowdyY on 11/21/2010 06:22:49 MST.

Hikin' Jim
(hikin_jim) - MLife

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA
Re: FS: Gaz Bluet Stove on 08/06/2010 18:00:47 MDT Print View

:) You don't see those too often any more. They had their heyday in the 70's if I recall correctly. They use the 190g Camping Gaz C206 pierceable canister (sometimes labeled CV206). They cannot use a standard threaded canister (e.g. MSR) nor can they use a Camping Gaz "twist and click" (CV270 or CV470) canister unless you buy an adapter. If anyone wants an adapter, I can get you in touch with the gentleman who produces them as part of his home based business. They're $15.00 shipped.

HJ

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: FS: Gaz Bluet Stove on 08/06/2010 18:05:16 MDT Print View

I still have one of these! Used it for all my bike touring trips in the late 80s, early 90s! I still have a couple of canisters for it.

Anyone in the Midatlantic that buys this, I'm happy to give you my canisters!

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Re: FS: Gaz Bluet Stove on 08/06/2010 18:30:27 MDT Print View

My local Ace Hdwe still stocks the canisters for those.

Hikin' Jim
(hikin_jim) - MLife

Re: FS: Gaz Bluet Stove on 08/06/2010 19:10:21 MDT Print View

REI also stocks the CV 206 pierceable canisters. They're not really hard to find. The disadvantage of the pierceable canisters is that once pierced, they have to stay locked to the stove until empty (well, if you want to save the gas inside anyway).

Removing the collar that fits over the canister and the two heavy steel bails that hold the canister in place significantly lightens the stove. The little adapter that I bought is anodized aluminum and weighs far less. I also like not having to store the stove with the canister attached. I also like that I can stock just standard threaded canisters which are highly available and work with other stoves that I own. YMMV

HJ

Hikin' Jim
(hikin_jim) - MLife

Re: FS: Gaz Bluet Stove on 08/06/2010 19:24:02 MDT Print View

For those of you who might be interested in such a thing, here's a photo of a standard threaded canister, a Bluet GT106 stove, and a Bluet S206. The S206 has a 190g CV206 pierceable canister attached to it.

Here's the GT106 with the collar and bails removed. That's a lot of steel.

Here's a photo of the adapter:

And here's a photo of the GT106 with the adapter in place mounted on a Snow Peak 110g canister.

Lastly, here's the GT106 in use:

Incidently, the canisters for the GT106 are no longer available unless you happen upon some old stock. If you do have/happen upon some old stock, I'd be interested in purchasing them from you. The canisters for the GT106's bigger cousin, the S206, are widely available. With my little GT106, it was either get the $15.00 adapter or junk the stove (although I suppose I could have rigged up some way to use the larger canisters like the S206 uses).

HJ

Edited by hikin_jim on 08/06/2010 22:16:53 MDT.

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: FS: Gaz Bluet Stove on 08/08/2010 15:21:10 MDT Print View

Hi Jim

I suspect you might be able to find a lot of them in France.

But have you tried contacting Coleman USA? They should be able to help. They own Campingaz.

Cheers

Tom Holbrook
(Zandar) - MLife

Locale: Central Coast of California
Stove and Lantern on 08/09/2010 09:41:56 MDT Print View

Jim,

I too have the small stove, and I have the lantern.

I am at the office and the stove/lantern are at home so I don't have the model numbers.

Question: will the adaptor fit the lantern, interchangeable with the stove?

Z.

Hikin' Jim
(hikin_jim) - MLife

Re: FS: Gaz Bluet Stove on 08/09/2010 10:40:40 MDT Print View

Hi, Roger,

Thank you for the recommendation. The information that I have is that the "half height" pierceable canisters were discontinued some time ago and the only source of such canisters is "old stock" that someone may have laying about. I may go ahead and check with Coleman since it wouldn't hurt.

France might well be a good source, but I don't think there's anyway to ship them to the USA.

HJ

Hikin' Jim
(hikin_jim) - MLife

Re: Stove and Lantern on 08/09/2010 10:52:02 MDT Print View

Hi, Tom,

If the lantern has the standard Camping Gaz piercing connector, then the adapter will fit. I think you'd probably be fine, but if you wanted to check, you could unscrew the collar and bails assembly from both your stove and your lantern and compare the threads on the stove to the threads on the lantern. They should be the same size. If not, the adapter would not work for you.

HJ

Tom Holbrook
(Zandar) - MLife

Adaptor on 08/09/2010 20:49:19 MDT Print View

Jim,

Could you put me in touch with the gent that sells the adaptor?

I would like to put these pieces of gear back in service.

Z.

Hikin' Jim
(hikin_jim) - MLife

Re: Adaptor on 08/10/2010 06:52:47 MDT Print View

Tom,

The gentleman's name is Henrik Melby. I don't have his contact info immediately at hand. I'm headed out on the trail in about 1/2 hour. I'll post more tomorrow.

HJ

Larry De La Briandais
(Hitech) - F

Locale: SF Bay Area
Adapter on 08/11/2010 11:26:40 MDT Print View

I also want on of the adapters. I have the globe trotter and have never been willing to give it up. I'd love to make it usable again. :8^)

Hikin' Jim
(hikin_jim) - MLife

Nothing on 08/12/2010 19:33:23 MDT Print View

double post; deleted.

Edited by hikin_jim on 08/12/2010 19:38:59 MDT.

Hikin' Jim
(hikin_jim) - MLife

Re: Adaptor on 08/12/2010 19:37:30 MDT Print View

Hi, guys,

Yeah, those little Globetrotters are cool little stoves and the way the pot supports are designed makes it more stable than the average stove.

Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I've been up in the Sierra Nevada for the last five days. I'm back in town now and will post more info as soon as I get home from work later this evening.

HJ

Hikin' Jim
(hikin_jim) - MLife

Camping Gaz Adapter -- Contact Information on 08/13/2010 00:19:40 MDT Print View

Argh. I can't find Henrik's email address. I sent him a PM through another forum (where I met him). Hopefully he'll reply tomorrow (he's usually quite good about replying). I'm sure I can his email address soon. Sorry about the delay.

HJ

Tom Holbrook
(Zandar) - MLife

contact info on 08/13/2010 09:51:06 MDT Print View

HJ,

I am still interested in getting the adaptor, so forward his info as soon as you can.

Z.

Hikin' Jim
(hikin_jim) - MLife

Globe Trotter (or other Camping Gaz) adaptor for modern fuel canisters on 08/13/2010 11:54:48 MDT Print View

OK, so I got in touch with Henrik. He referred me to the following on ebay: Globe Trotter (or other Camping Gaz) adaptor for modern fuel canisters. I was wrong about one thing. The price is correct ($15.00 USD) but the shipping is not included. The shipping is $3.00 USD.

By the way, Henrik lives in Denmark. His English is good, but he's clearly not a native speaker of English.

Hope you can get your Globe Trotters cooking again!

HJ

Larry De La Briandais
(Hitech) - F

Locale: SF Bay Area
Just purchased one on 08/13/2010 12:06:49 MDT Print View

Thanks. I'll probably never use the Globe Trotter stove myself, but I'm ecstatic about having it working again. It was my first backpacking stove. I sent my parents to REI and told them to get the "smallest butane cartridge stove" (they got it for me for Christmas). I was expecting the Bluet stove. I was pleasantly surprised at Christmas!

I may never use it again, but now I've got a great loaner. :8^)

Thanks again.

Tom Holbrook
(Zandar) - MLife

Ordered part on 08/13/2010 12:20:50 MDT Print View

Jim,

Thanks for your efforts, this should allow me to get some older gear back in service. This will be great for simple weekender trips with the family.

Z.