Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Need Partner-Remote Kings Middle Fork 11-day epic 8/27-9/6
Display Avatars Sort By:
Keio Ogawa
(KeioOgawa) - F

Locale: Sequoia National Park
Need Partner-Remote Kings Middle Fork 11-day epic 8/27-9/6 on 08/06/2010 11:43:13 MDT Print View

Fri 8/27-Labor Day 9/6 Seeking partner for 11-day BP in the most remote and least visited areas of Kings Canyon NP! 2 options: on-trail, or with some XC.

On-trail: Cedar Grove / Pinchot Pass / Mather Pass / Middle Fork Kings (MF Kings) / Tehipite Valley / Wishon Res.

Trail + XC: Cedar Grove / Granite Basin / Cirque Crest High Route / Cartridge Pass / Mather Pass / Middle Fork Kings (MF Kings) / Tehipite Valley / Wishon Res.

Hiking Malto
(gg-man) - F
Re: Need Partner-Remote Kings Middle Fork 11-day epic 8/27-9/6 on 08/06/2010 13:56:48 MDT Print View

I did most of your option 2. It has my favorite place in the Sierra, Marion Lake. You are in for a treat.

Peter Alpert
(palpert) - F
interested in going on 08/10/2010 12:55:06 MDT Print View

I'd really like to do a trip like this but need to come out by Sep. 4 to catch a plane on Sep. 5. Would it be possible to shift the dates a couple of days earlier? I've done a lot of backpacking in the Sierra, including Cartridge Pass and 11-night trips, and worked on a bunch of Sierra Club trips and also a bit for Sequoia Park before becoming a university biologist. I'm 57, and it sounds like you're a little stronger than I am now, but I still like 2-3rd class scrambling and climbing and should be good for, say, 13-mile moves on trail and can certainly go cross-country. If this sounds like it might not slow you down too much, would you please email me at peter01003@juno.com to discuss further?

Keio Ogawa
(KeioOgawa) - F

Let's talk on 08/13/2010 17:39:18 MDT Print View

Sorry for the delay, been on a 6-day in Blackcap Basin/Bench Valley. I will email you, and we can talk! Keep those posts coming, thanks!

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Tehipite Valley to VVR on 08/13/2010 18:48:44 MDT Print View

PMed you... 8/27 to 9/5

Edited by Creachen on 08/13/2010 19:06:37 MDT.

Anthony Weston
(anthonyweston) - MLife

Locale: Southern CA
Kings Middle Fork on 08/21/2010 13:58:41 MDT Print View

I'd be interested in tagging along on part of the trip, if there is room. It looks like a great trek.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Tehipite Valley to VVR--Remote Kings Middle Fork on 08/22/2010 11:15:19 MDT Print View

I PM you Anthony...

Keio Ogawa
(KeioOgawa) - F

Still looking, but perhaps next year on 08/24/2010 20:36:31 MDT Print View

I found a partner for a 10-day trip, leaving tomorrow, but in a completely different area.
So I am still looking for s.o. who wants to go up (or down) the Middle Fork of the Kings, perhaps late this season or even next year. Including some XC, maybe along the Monarch Divide using Cartridge Pass. Or that could be 2 different trips. I'll be gone for 10 days, will respond when I get back.