Patterns Needed
Display Avatars Sort By:
Zack Blocker
(marine2553) - F
Patterns Needed on 07/30/2010 21:12:53 MDT Print View

I have been trying to make my own gear but I always get stuck when it comes to the design. So I was woundering if anybody had some FREE (sorry, I'm really cheap) designs or know of any sites that have designs for gear.

Andrew Schriner
(lettheguydance) - F

Locale: Midwest
Patterns on 07/31/2010 11:47:37 MDT Print View

What kind of patterns are you looking for? I know of lots of resources and have designed some of my own patterns that I would be willing to distribute "for free" (i.e. in exchange for feedback about the instructions and ease of use, since I plan to eventually commercialize some of them).

Zack Blocker
(marine2553) - F
Patterns needed on 08/01/2010 01:55:25 MDT Print View

Kind of a tish bit of every thing... But mainly what I'm looking for is patterns for a simple tent(one or two person), a sleeping bag(not for extreme cold), some cooking stuff(such as a wood burning stove and utincils), fabic sheaths(for an axe, compass, and E-tool or camp shovle), and possibly some pants.
BTW: I know this is kind of a bad thing but, I personaly don't care about the wieght of any of the things. So if you have any designs that wiegh at bit, even if they weigh more than a fricken ox, I would still appreciate it if you would share them.

Andrew Schriner
(lettheguydance) - F

Locale: Midwest
Patterns on 08/01/2010 15:33:08 MDT Print View

Overall, I would recommend searching this site a little more, because there are all kinds of things in the forums already.

Have you searched google at all yet? There are lots of generic things that are readily found.

Check out RayWay (google it) for kits . Also look at the Projects section on thru-hiker.com. That and google would probably take care of most of your needs, unless there are specific other things you're not finding.