Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Up to 50% off at Backwoods.com
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jared Dilg
(Village) - MLife

Locale: Texas
Up to 50% off at Backwoods.com on 07/23/2010 09:31:21 MDT Print View

I kinda mentioned this in another thread: Backwoods.com is having a Summer sale with most of it around 40% off or more. Lots of Patagonia base layers in an array of sizes. Free shipping as always.

http://product-search.backwoods.com/nav/sale/onsale/0

Grant Farago
(GreatHairyBeast) - F

Locale: Universe B
Icebreaker on 07/23/2010 11:26:18 MDT Print View

Thanks. I was able to pick up a pair of Icebreaker 150 leggings for $36 and an Icebreaker 140 T-shirt for $33.

Those shirts seem difficult to find and I haven't heard of this site so hopefully all is legit.

Edited by GreatHairyBeast on 07/23/2010 11:29:11 MDT.

Jared Dilg
(Village) - MLife

Re: Icebreaker on 07/23/2010 12:08:27 MDT Print View

Cool, I should look into those.

Backwoods is definitely legit. They're primarily a brick and mortar and recently moved their headquarters to here in Austin. There's only nine stores, all in the Southwest corridor. I found their in-store customer service to be great.

Grant Farago
(GreatHairyBeast) - F

Locale: Universe B
Backwoods.com on 07/23/2010 12:31:30 MDT Print View

Yep. I emailed them a question and got a prompt response. In addition, one of the orders I placed earlier today already shipped and is expected to arrive on the 27th. Very quick processing/shipping considering I chose the free option.

I'm impressed with the customer service and they have some nice deals.

Edited by GreatHairyBeast on 07/23/2010 12:32:11 MDT.

Jared Dilg
(Village) - MLife

Re: Icebreaker on 07/23/2010 15:04:53 MDT Print View

Thanks again for the heads-up! I had no idea Icebreaker was a merino wool brand. After reading good reviews on the web I ordered a bunch of baselayer stuff. All stocked up!

Oh, a couple of the sale prices weren't updated in the catalog but after a quick phone call the CSR updated them while I was on the line. Be sure to check your cart before paying.

Edited by Village on 07/23/2010 15:06:44 MDT.