injuring foot muscles
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dont Wantto
(longhiker) - F
injuring foot muscles on 07/19/2010 23:26:40 MDT Print View

I seem to have a mild injury and mild pain on the bottom of my foot -- it is along the outer ridge of my left foot. I have high arches and the pain is in tissue running on the other edge of the foot which sort of rings the arch.

I got the pain a month or so ago, almost as soon as I started training hard for my Colorado Trail thru hike which starts in a few days.

I got it when I started hiking hard up the treadmill with a 30 lb backpack on me, 15% grade, 2.7 - 3 mph, an hour to 1.5 hours at a time.. I've been doing that 4 - 5 times a week despite this mild pain which I usually feel after the training on most days. All other small pains have come and gone but this one is recurrent..

It is definitely bearable pain -- discomfort -- at the moment that I really feel when I tiptoe barefoot. But I dont want it to injure during my CT hike @ 18 miles a day, day after day..

Just wondering if this injury has a name (like plantar fascilitis or whatever.. but this is not at the heel and along one edge of my foot) and if any preventive measures or remedial measures are known..

Edited by longhiker on 07/19/2010 23:28:14 MDT.