Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Weather conditions buy Priest Lake, Id (Pan Handle)
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Backpacking conditions at Priest Lake, Id (Pan Handle) on 07/19/2010 21:18:42 MDT Print View

Any Idaho friends ever been to Hunt Lake just east of Priest Lake..My family and I will be there next week for a trip...Is there still snow there???? Bugs?? Fishing?? Any information much apprecieted-- Thanks

Edited by Creachen on 07/20/2010 17:38:18 MDT.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Backpacking conditions in Priest Lake, Id (Hunt Lake) on 07/20/2010 17:35:32 MDT Print View

BUMP--Timing is everything....

DSCN0300

Edited by Creachen on 07/20/2010 17:37:07 MDT.

Paul Gibson
(pgibson) - F

Locale: SW Idaho
re. Weather conditions buy Priest Lake, Id (Pan Handle) on 07/21/2010 18:21:00 MDT Print View

Hey Jay, I have not been that far north this year but for the most part the weather has been warm, we had a really wet spring and now the mosquitoes are very thick in the mountains. Plan for day time temps near 80 and nights are likely to be in the low 40's and some spots below that. Snow should be mostly gone but for some high passes but I have run into some still muddy wet trails. I have seen some spotty snow banks on the north sides of hills above 8000 feet. Not real specific to that spot but hope it helps some.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Backpacking conditions at Priest Lake, Id on 07/21/2010 18:44:21 MDT Print View

Paul, Thanks for the info -- much appreciated....I will prepare for the bugs and possible wet trails....Are bear canister required in Northern Id??

Paul Gibson
(pgibson) - F

Locale: SW Idaho
re. Weather conditions buy Priest Lake, Id (Pan Handle) on 07/21/2010 20:21:37 MDT Print View

To my knowledge there is no area of Id that requires bear canisters but you may check with the local ranger district to see if they might recommend one. Most areas that I go to we don't take any bear precautions.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Backpacking conditions at Priest Lake, Id on 07/21/2010 20:50:32 MDT Print View

Thanks again Paul for the info!!!