Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » ALASKA EXPEDITION 2011

Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Martin
(thefridge) - F

Locale: Mt Rogers
ALASKA EXPEDITION 2011 on 07/18/2010 12:49:45 MDT Print View

Next Years Alaska trip info.

I want to pull together a team and go do what we all love to do.....Backpack

Here are some details for next years trip. Arrive no earlier that June 16Th and no later that June 17Th by 3pm in Anchorage (ANC). I will arrive a day early to pick up rental vehicle and will shuttle you to the Backpacker Hostel as you arrive. Make your departure from Anchorage on June 25Th or 26Th no later than 10am on the 26Th. ( I will be returning the rental vehicle June 26Th by 10am so if you depart from Anchorage after 10am Sunday 26Th, you will need to take a cab or bus to the Airport. We will depart from Anchorage on June 18Th by 5am. We will eat breakfast in Palmer approx 1 1/2 hr away. I'll be stopping for gas and stretch breaks all along our 6hr drive to Slana Ranger station at the TOK cut off. Weather permitting, you will see some of AK real back country and small rural towns and maybe a Moose like we did last trip approx 12 miles from Anchorage.

I am thinking of a Base camp for those who do not actually want the rigors and demanding challenges Alaska will throw at you, and for those who want to take on what Alaska will throw at you like stream crossings, bad weather with high winds, Tussock and many miles of bog fields that will tax your energy quickly, the mother of all Talus fields, and as some this past trip experienced some quick sand holes over 2 feet deep. Base camp has the options to do day hikes in any direction and Glacier exploration and who knows when a Bull Moose or Silver Back GRIZZ will show up.

More information will be added and sent to you via e mail as I receive it so please shoot me your e mail to Refrigeratorfridge@gmail.com.

Cost will be determined some time in August and will get this out to you ASAP. Cost involved are Hostel fees, Vehicle rental and trailer fees, Sat phone minute fees, Bush pilot fees and gas for the vehicle.

IF YOU HAVE A QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E MAIL ME.

Fridge
Refrigeratorfridge@gmail.com

2010 trip pics http://picasaweb.google.com/RefrigeratorFridge/ALASKAEXPEDITION2010#

Edited by thefridge on 07/18/2010 15:46:32 MDT.