Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
Display Avatars Sort By:
a b
(Ice-axe)
Cue theme from DR. ZHIVAGO on 02/23/2011 22:20:02 MST Print View

I'm in!
With my UL pack I can carry plenty of wood..en (matches)
Gonna try to git there Friday sundown or there 'bouts.
Last time it snowed enough here in the Santa Clara Valley to accumulate I was in second grade.
Hilariously they closed the school down for the EPIC sum of ONE WHOLE INCH of snow!!!
The parents were to afraid to drive and pick us up so us kids just played in the snow on the soccer field. Ahh the 70's!
Anyhow,
I wouldn't be surprised if the "man" has kittens and closes the roads.
But I am gonna make it through cause I gotta git the penicillin to little jimmy...
Sorry.. I am sorta freakin out about my upcomming AT hike! I prolly sound goofy. ;)

peter vacco
(fluff@inreach.com) - M

Locale: no. california
But I am gonna make it through cause I gotta git the penicillin to little jimmy... ??? on 02/23/2011 22:34:52 MST Print View

"But I am gonna make it through cause I gotta git the penicillin to little jimmy..."

ohh wow ! the first silicon valley "soccer practice minivan serum run".

gonn'a be EPIC.

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
I Love Fire on 02/23/2011 23:19:45 MST Print View

Okay, for logs, I can bring in 6-9 (4-5 lbs each) of them and hand out some to those who want to carry, but to make this work, people will have to bring their own log to get us a decent pile to last a long time.

So if you want to buy one and bring one...even a small one, that would be great, but totally voluntary.

Jeremy, maybe we can put your little wagon in my car to bring along to haul the fake logs that I have to the meeting point.

I don't have the box that it came in anymore.

Anyone know if there are food storage boxes or do we need to bring things like chain mail Ratsacks?

-Tony

cary bertoncini
(cbert) - F

Locale: N. California
i'll be there friday +1 on 02/23/2011 23:20:25 MST Print View

i like beer

i'm bringing my own E.R. doctor just to be safe

he's a beer drinking doctor, too

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike on 02/23/2011 23:21:39 MST Print View

I'm envious. Tried to get down there to join but tickets from Portland never panned out.

Have a great trip all!

Steven Sergeant
(SteveSgt) - F
Re: just a thought - backup on 02/23/2011 23:48:33 MST Print View

I would recommend car camping at Coyote Lake County Park, just down the hill: http://bit.ly/ePQaQL

Adan Lopez
(Lopez) - F

Locale: San Gabriel Valley
Wheel Barrows on 02/24/2011 00:01:09 MST Print View

Anybody have access to wheel barrows? I am riding in someone else's car so I cant bring mine. If we were able to produce a few wheel barrows I would be down to truck firewood, beer, and even an inebriated Ken into camp. If the other Ken is inebriated also then I might need some help. No joke though, wheel barrows might work?

a b
(Ice-axe)
Mt. Hood and Wood on 02/24/2011 00:06:05 MST Print View

W'ye East (Mt Hood)

I knew i had seen that picture somewhere Steven(Paris). It's Mt Hood from the PCT. Here is a shot from August 2009.
Anyhow, I volunteer Jack Haskel and Myself to make extra wood runs to and from camp since it's apparently only 6 miles round trip and we are supposed to be bada$$ hikers or something like that. Mostly I volunteer Jack Haskel. :)

Edited by Ice-axe on 02/24/2011 00:06:51 MST.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Wheel Barrows on 02/24/2011 00:12:37 MST Print View

A wagon works better than a wheel barrow.

Some people have been on the wagon for a long time.

--B.G.--

Joseph Ainsworth
(jainsworth123) - F

Locale: Greater LA area
Thursday night on 02/24/2011 00:32:40 MST Print View

So as things have turned out I will be headed up there tomorrow afternoon ( only way I could find a ride up and back). By chance, is anyone going to be there a day early and want to meet up in the evening at some point? If not I will be there all day friday hanging out. I guess I should bring some books now. So much for the SUL kit :P. If anyone's showing up early friday and wants to hang out as well, feel free to message me on here.

Jack H.
(Found) - F

Locale: Sacramento, CA
Re: Mt. Hood and Wood on 02/24/2011 01:35:55 MST Print View

pffft! Iceaxe! You're the pro with photos of every inch of trail in the western US. Who'ya kidding, huh?

I'd be happy to carry logs and kegs. I'll just throw them in my pack and carry them for the fifteen or so miles before the meetup. Gotta train sometime...

Stephan Doyle
(StephanCal)
Friendly Coe Warning on 02/24/2011 01:49:55 MST Print View

I know everyone is excited about the snow, but the ticks and poison oak of Henry Coe are resilient -- watch out!

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Thursday night on 02/24/2011 06:16:30 MST Print View

Joseph. This is the first time I have heard you are coming. Did you RSVP?

kevin smith
(divr6347) - M
friday night on 02/24/2011 07:45:09 MST Print View

jerry bridgeman

i tried to respond to your pm but it got returned for whatever reason

anyway i do have room for you and adan friday night i pm ed him also

anyway come on up we will have room for ya

site #12

see you tomorrow

kevin

Joseph Ainsworth
(jainsworth123) - F

Locale: Greater LA area
Re: Re: Thursday night on 02/24/2011 08:23:29 MST Print View

I didn't because I have been out of the country for a few months and when I got back, I didn't know if I would be able to find a ride. I'm wasn't planning on being able to camp with you guys, but I figured someone might not show and I could take a spot. If not, I can camp somewhere else in the park and just hang out with the group during the day.
Sorry about the last minute response here.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Re: Re: Thursday night on 02/24/2011 08:25:23 MST Print View

No worries Joseph. I think we have had a couple of cancellations. There is a $2 fee to help cover the cost of the groupsite that Ken and I covered. If you could please paypal Ken T. $2 that would be great.

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Locale: North Bay
Sickness on 02/24/2011 10:35:17 MST Print View

Well, me and my wife have been extremely sick for the last few weeks. I have only been feeling better for a few days now. She is most likely not coming and our +2 and +3 decided not to go due to weather. So that leaves 2 open spots for anyone who needed them, they are already paid for.

I'm debating whether or not I'll go by myself.

If I come alone I might just come up Friday afternoon. For those who are going to be there Friday, are you staying at the group camp or a different site?

Edited by JacobD on 02/24/2011 10:36:29 MST.

Rick Horne
(Rick778) - M

Locale: NorCal - South Bay - Campbell
Re: Re: Mt. Hood and Wood on 02/24/2011 11:22:40 MST Print View

If we are able should we bring firewood to be carried in?

Rick Horne
(Rick778) - M

Locale: NorCal - South Bay - Campbell
Re: My kids are staying home too on 02/24/2011 11:29:00 MST Print View

No way will my daughter let me leave her at home. We probably won't make it Friday night though.

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
possible mule duty on 02/24/2011 11:39:28 MST Print View

I'm leaving the SF airport around 8:30 a.m. Saturday (dropping off my guy), making a stop in San Jose to drop off some stuff, then heading to Coe for the day (need to be back in SJ Saturday evening in time to shower, eat, and dress for work at 7:30 p.m.). So I'll be carrying a relatively light load (double batch of brownies to share, plus my own lunch and extra warm clothing) and can take in firewood or whatever else fits. I could even bring my big old Dana Designs pack if need be. I am guessing I'll be at Coe headquarters around 10:30 a.m. Let me know if I can help ferry stuff in.