Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Friday Night on 01/29/2011 09:03:17 MST Print View

Ryan, there are campsites avail at Henry Coe. They are at the Park HQ's??? 3 or 4 sites have been secured, but I don't know how full they are. They cost $20 if you wanted to get one. Just go to the Henry Coe.
Here is the link

http://www.coepark.org/hq-camping.html

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Re: Friday Night on 01/29/2011 09:11:32 MST Print View

A thought, those that have space for others on Friday night, please offer some assistance, that way everyone is taken care of. Kevin thanks for offering!

Marc Eldridge
(meld) - MLife

Locale: The here and now.
Re: Friday Night on 01/29/2011 09:23:56 MST Print View

I have #14 reserved for thurs thru sun. My brother might come so that would maybe be 2. Says there can be up to 8 to a spot so that would leave 6 available. I have one vehicle and am allowed 2 so there is space for one more vehicle.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: Re: Friday Night on 01/29/2011 09:29:10 MST Print View

Also there are two large parking lots that are for backpackers for folks to use too. These are the same one's for Manzanita Pt. BTW

kevin smith
(divr6347) - M
friday night on 01/29/2011 09:50:25 MST Print View

if anyone else would like to come up friday but did not secure a site

please shout out so that someone with a secured campsite might be able to accomidate you depending on if they have room in thier camp

kevin

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: space for friday night on 01/29/2011 12:09:36 MST Print View

I paid $28 I think for my spot reserved online. I think we can figure out shares when we are all there.

Chuck Cheese
(defrag4) - F
trip on 01/30/2011 11:04:50 MST Print View

Ken convinced me to make this trip out, Put us down for 2 showing up on Saturday. Were certainly not ultra-lightweight YET but looking to learn and hang out with fellow backpackers.

Edited by defrag4 on 01/30/2011 11:05:37 MST.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: trip on 01/30/2011 11:16:59 MST Print View

Right on James, glad you are coming along!

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
re: Bay Area BPL...day trip, Ken? on 01/30/2011 12:04:09 MST Print View

Dang - I have to play a concert in Oakland Friday night, and in SJ Saturday night. I suppose I could drive out on Saturday morning and hike in to Manzanita Pt and hang out for a while - does that make any sense? I'd probably have to leave by about 3 or 4 p.m. to get downtown and cleaned up.

Edited by dkramalc on 01/30/2011 12:46:37 MST.

Aaron Benson
(AaronMB) - F

Locale: Central Valley California
Re: trip on 01/30/2011 13:16:14 MST Print View

James, you won't be alone in your non-Ultralightness!

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Bay Area BPL...day trip, Ken? on 01/30/2011 13:28:40 MST Print View

You are already considering it. So; Deborah you should come.

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
OK, count me in on 01/30/2011 13:42:09 MST Print View

It will be fun to meet some of the people from this site that I've mostly lurked on for the past few years. I'm hoping to see some interesting gear (haven't seen any of Shires' new tents since before he moved out of the Bay Area - anyone planning on bringing a Double Rainbow?). Hmm...what to wear to the social event of the season - my DIY daypack or my Luxurylite stripped down? Decisions, decisions. (it depends on which one best holds a double batch of brownies, I guess!)

Debbie

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: OK, count me in on 01/30/2011 14:01:57 MST Print View

Hehehehe.....she said stripped down. :)

Reminds me, need to ask Ron at MLD about making Cuben garter belts and other unmentionables.

God, I need help....lots of professional help!

-Tony

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
$#($@(#(_)! on 01/30/2011 14:06:17 MST Print View

LOL. Oh, crap, I really need to watch my unintended double-entendres! Not to worry, I will not subject any of you to that...

I'd edit the original post but if I took out the original wording, then Tony would look like he REALLY needed professional help.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: $#($@(#(_)! on 01/30/2011 16:20:31 MST Print View

You are going to fit in just fine.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

are you on this list? on 01/30/2011 16:25:16 MST Print View

The haven't heard herd...

Sylvester Cullen
Stephan Doyle
Jeremy Pendry
Roger Alsborg
Greg Gessel
Morgan Sherman
Sean McCutcheon
Rick Horne+2
Jason Cuzzetto+3
Nick Garner
Sean McIntyre
Mark Regalia
Frank Heide
Samual Kau

If your name is here by mistake, let me know
If you name is here, let us know...

Edited by kthompson on 01/30/2011 17:49:05 MST.

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Locale: North Bay
I'm In on 01/30/2011 16:45:55 MST Print View

Sorry for the late response, I have been absent the site for a bit.

I just sent payment for myself and my wife Sandra. Looking forward to meeting some fellow hikers in the Bay Area (and beyond) BPL community. If anyone manages to find me at the event remind me to share my horror story from last visit to Coe!

Question - are there any pit toilets available at the campsite or are 50+ people going to be digging holes all over the place?

Jacob.

BTW, I had planned on showing up in usual fashion with minimal stuff and food, but it sounds like some of you are showing up with chairs, ice chests, minibars? Am I missing something? How are you getting all of this stuff to camp?? Can I buy cold beer from anyone once I have arrived? :)

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Re: I'm In on 01/30/2011 17:14:55 MST Print View

Jacob, glad to have you aboard. The hike is almost a 3 miles hike and we are staying at a group site. There will be toilets and water.

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: $#($@(#(_)! on 01/30/2011 17:17:10 MST Print View

Deborah,

*Sigh*

Actually, I was hoping you would subject me to more of that....otherwise, 900#s kinda get expensive for me. :)

P.S. Even if you did not edit your original posting, there would be a lot of people here that would tell you that I would still need lots of professional help. Do you know of any professional dancers that I might be able to get from????

LOL....must think good and pure thoughts....pure like the Sierras snows after a storm as dusted the pine trees with crystals from the heavens.

-Tony

Edited by Valshar on 01/30/2011 17:18:05 MST.

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
RE Trip on 01/30/2011 17:41:35 MST Print View

Tony, you heard stripped down? all I heard was double batch brownies, YUUUMMMMMM!!!!

Edited by jumpbackjack on 01/30/2011 17:42:52 MST.