Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » Momentum Source

Display Avatars Sort By:
Tom Caldwell
(Coldspring) - F

Locale: Ozarks
Momentum Source on 07/13/2010 23:37:40 MDT Print View

Does anyone know where to get .9 oz ripstop (Momentum) fabric at this time? I don't like the 2 colors that ThruHiker has in stock.

Jan Rezac
(zkoumal) - MLife

Locale: Prague, CZ
RE: Momentum Source on 07/14/2010 03:54:09 MDT Print View

extremtextil.de has some Pertex Quantum, light gray I think.

Nathan Baker
(Slvravn) - MLife

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic
Re: Momentum Source on 07/14/2010 05:24:56 MDT Print View

Titanium Goat also carries it

Bradford Rogers
(Mocs123) - MLife

Locale: Southeast Tennessee
Re: Re: Momentum Source on 07/14/2010 05:49:03 MDT Print View

Ti Goat doesn't carry the trademark "Momentum" fabric. The only two places that sell "Momentum" are Thru-hiker and MLD. They do however sell a strikingly similar product that does not carry the "Momentum" name.

Nathan Baker
(Slvravn) - MLife

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic
Re: Re: Re: Momentum Source on 07/14/2010 06:17:11 MDT Print View

Brad - You are absolutely correct, my bad. As an FYI I believe that OWF is also carrying or will be carrying another "strikingly similar" product. If I remember right there was a discussion on this awhile back and I believe Tim Marshall was doing some testing on the OWF product. I will see if I can find the link.....

Tom Caldwell
(Coldspring) - F

Locale: Ozarks
Momentum Source on 07/14/2010 06:41:27 MDT Print View

I've emailed OWF a few times and never have heard back. I just sent Ti-Goat one about their "Intrepid". I suppose I could ask AYCE at TH if he is going to get restocked on other colors, although he has been out of Spinntex for quite a while and the side forum has been really inactive. Not sure what's up, but figured someone here would have the scoop!

>> Bender <<
(Bender) - MLife

Locale: NEO
Re: Momentum Source on 07/14/2010 08:11:46 MDT Print View

FYI OWF has .9 taffeta in stock and .9 ripstop on the way.

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota
Re: Re: Momentum Source on 07/14/2010 09:02:34 MDT Print View

I am using the OWF .9 taff and find it to be something i can use 1 to 1 with m90 and i choose which ever one saves me money when it is time to order. If i am buying down from TH the quilt kit saves me over getting down then the .9 from OWF. If i get down someplace else or just need the fabric i go owf.

I also go owf if i can order 20yds to save on the rest of my order. For me it is all about the $$ since i think the quality is on par.

-Tim

Edited by MarshLaw303 on 07/14/2010 09:03:31 MDT.