Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
iPhone 4
Display Avatars Sort By:
Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
iPhone 4 on 07/02/2010 09:21:23 MDT Print View

No lines. No waiting. No pre-ordering.

I went to a local Best Buy yesterday with a friend who was looking for an iPad (most Apple stores seem to be out of them around here). While he walked over to the iPad section, I breezed through the mobile section and, with a smile and barely slowing down, tossed out a cheery "Are you out of 4s?" to the woman behind the counter. (Such is the power of Apple's toys, I didn't ask if they had the new iPhone, I simply asked if they had 4s. She knew what I was talking about)

"No, we have them," she answered. I stopped and turned to face her.

"32 gig?" I inquired.

"Yup," was her reply.

So I walked over to the counter, filled out some paperwork, and walked out with my new iPhone 4. Less than 15 minutes.

When I got back to my office, I, of course, told my employees not to be upset or depressed now that I was much, much cooler than they were (I have a lot of fun with my employees......). They rolled their eyes as I showed off my new toy.

Then, a bit later, one of them sent me this link. Says it all, don't you think!

Edited by idester on 07/02/2010 09:24:35 MDT.

Juston Taul
(Junction)

Locale: Atlanta, GA
iPhone 4 on 07/02/2010 09:30:05 MDT Print View

I have had mine since the 23rd. It's an incredible device. Only one problem. I drop calls still. AT&T needs to get it together. I might be taking mine back and going with Verizon. The Droid X will debut on July 15th and costs $100 less after the mail in rebate. I really don't know what to do. I love this phone.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: iPhone 4 on 07/02/2010 09:32:41 MDT Print View

Juston, I hear ya (or don't as the case may be.....;-)

I don't have the dropped call problem here in the DC area. It really does depend on where you live/work/use the phone. Verizon has better coverage in some areas, AT&T in others. It'd be nice if they all expanded their coverage!

It is a fun little gadget though, isn't it!

Juston Taul
(Junction)

Locale: Atlanta, GA
Love / Hate on 07/02/2010 12:20:13 MDT Print View

Love the iPhone. Hate the service. Love the service of Verizon but the Droid phones just don't do it for me. I wish Verizon would hurry up and get the iPhone. I heard January perhaps. I'll pay the early termination fee and jump ship to Verizon when they decide to do the honorable thing. ;)