pole jack
Display Avatars Sort By:
Daniel webster
(Bob88) - F
pole jack on 07/01/2010 20:05:42 MDT Print View

Hi
I have a duomid and need a polejack
Thinking of using some plastic piping.
Does anyone hve any lighter or a brilliant idea?

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: pole jack on 07/01/2010 20:12:35 MDT Print View

for a nice, light but long pole jack, get one of those towel hangers for the bathroom. The hollow aluminum tube is perfect, and you can get from 12" to 18" so you don't have to pitch your pole in the middle.

Sanad Toukhly
(Red_Fox) - MLife

Locale: South Florida
PVC? on 07/01/2010 21:30:10 MDT Print View

I've never tried it myself but I don't see why a PVC pipe wouldn't work. It would be cheap and easy to customize too. If you wanted to get creative, you can get two different diameter PVC pipes so that one fits perfectly in the other, then drill holes through and through at different heights on the bigger diameter pipe. Then find something that would fit in the holes you drilled. This would enable you to have an adjustable height for your pole by sticking whatever object through the holes at the desired height, then sticking the smaller diameter pipe in the bigger diameter pipe. Once the smaller diameter pipe hits the object you stuck in the holes at your desired height, it would stop and give you the perfect length you wanted. Again, I've never tried any of this, it's just an idea.

-Sid

Jason Brinkman
(jbrinkmanboi) - MLife

Locale: Idaho
Re: pole jack on 07/04/2010 01:15:11 MDT Print View

My Duomid came with a pole jack. You might be able to order one from Ron if you want the original. Or you could use an aluminum tent pole splice like available at REI. Or a piece of small diameter PVC from your local hardware store or Home Depot. Or a piece of aluminum tube from the same. The possibilities are endless.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Aluminum tubing on 07/04/2010 06:16:01 MDT Print View

The hardware aisle at Home Depot has a display of aluminum angle, flat bar and tubing.