Forum Index » Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Muir Trail Ranch not yet serving hot food for backpackers

Display Avatars Sort By:
Jesse Engelberg
(jaebpl) - F
Muir Trail Ranch not yet serving hot food for backpackers on 06/30/2010 17:46:12 MDT Print View

For those resupplying at Muir Trail Ranch, be aware that though they're working on a full service backpacker's center, it's not complete yet. As of this post the only way to get a hot meal (and not cook it yourself) is to purchase a "short stay" at the Ranch. So, if you want to have a good meal when you stop, pack it in your resupply container or cross your fingers and hope the hiker box has something tasty in it.

Chris Morgan
(ChrisMorgan) - F

Locale: Southern Oregon
Re: Muir Trail Ranch not yet serving hot food for backpackers on 06/30/2010 17:51:07 MDT Print View

That sounds great. It would be nice to have a real meal without having to go to VVR or pay to stay at MTR. I know that some have found the MTR folks to be very backpacker-averse, but I found them to be quite friendly.

Jesse Engelberg
(jaebpl) - F
Re: Re: Muir Trail Ranch not yet serving hot food for backpackers on 06/30/2010 17:58:04 MDT Print View

Yes, they seem quite nice and replied to emails very quickly.

It's too bad they're not ready to serve hot meals to those of us who don't have the time to stop there for the night!

Michael Moore
(lilricky) - F
Fee for resupply on 08/22/2011 16:26:05 MDT Print View

I know this thread is a bit old, but I thought I might add some info. As of 8/22/11 they are charging $55 for a "handling fee" for accepting and keeping your resupply package. Yep, $55, that's enough of a rip-off for me to stay away. JMHO.