Let there be peace on earth.
Display Avatars Sort By:
Chris Morgan
(ChrisMorgan) - F

Locale: Southern Oregon
Let there be peace on earth. on 06/30/2010 15:21:12 MDT Print View

20 posts later:

Guns guns guns guns guns

I swear every thread here deteriorates to gun talk.

Rog Tallbloke
(tallbloke) - F

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
Re: Let there be peace on earth. on 06/30/2010 15:26:15 MDT Print View

Try the carbon wars.

Unknown abc
(edude) - F
"Let there be peace on earth." on 06/30/2010 15:57:56 MDT Print View

"I swear every thread here deteriorates to gun talk."

I like the word "escalates" better :D LOL

cheers

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Let there be peace on earth. on 06/30/2010 15:58:33 MDT Print View

Lovely song!

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: Let there be peace on earth. on 06/30/2010 16:41:28 MDT Print View

"Lovely song!"

My word, talk about schlock! I was becoming diabetic just listening to it! Is there a punk version, perhaps?

Lynn Tramper
(retropump) - F

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna
Re: Let there be peace on earth. on 06/30/2010 16:47:29 MDT Print View

How can there be peace on earth when there's so many folks running around with guns (and knives and nukes and grenades and and and...)?

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
guns. on 06/30/2010 16:50:54 MDT Print View

But Chris, you STARTED a thread with Gun Talk. :)

(And yes, I agree with you.)

I never understood why there is a Chaff thread on a backpacking forum anyway.

Lynn Tramper
(retropump) - F

Re: guns. on 06/30/2010 17:01:12 MDT Print View

"I never understood why there is a Chaff thread on a backpacking forum anyway."

Why Not? It doesn't weigh much.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
but... on 06/30/2010 17:09:36 MDT Print View

... but this Chaff doesn't blow away on a gentle breeze via the winnowing process.

It drops like a chunk of lead on your foot, while a dog off-leash/on-trail bites you, someone takes a pot shot at you with a (possible) assault "rifle" and/or "weapon," some home-schooled Christian nutjob tells you Obama is planning the New World Order, while you slowly freeze to death due to the utter lack of your planned Global Warming, and terrorists/illegal+space aliens/"sneaky buyers"/bears all conspire against you.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Let there be peace on earth. on 06/30/2010 17:17:16 MDT Print View

Chris,

You know that you are starting another one of these threads. Not sure what the intent was.

I agree many threads get hijacked and become runaway trains when guns are introduced. There are two camps, and both are very vocal and passionate about their views.

I don't own a gun. But I am not "anti-gun." I know how to use them with "deadly" accuracy.

I don't participate in the gun debates. I don't have the time or inclination. So I just don't read them. However, your "peace on earth" subject sucked me in :)

Just let them go. Let those who want to discuss, debate, and argue have their fun or anger. There are enough other subject matter threads, that are interesting and informative.

- Peace

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Re: Let there be peace on earth. on 06/30/2010 17:24:46 MDT Print View

Gun talk......better here than clogging up gear threads. Like Nick, I'm not anti-gun, but the gun debates here just don't spark my interest. So, into Chaff they go!

I own a .357 mag. The ONLY thing I use it for is when I'm running around the Northwoods, just in case I scare up a bear. Or for those pesky Illinois drivers.....

Chris Morgan
(ChrisMorgan) - F

Locale: Southern Oregon
Re: Re: Re: Let there be peace on earth. on 06/30/2010 17:41:58 MDT Print View

Just pointing out that it seems as if every thread digresses into gun talk, no matter the original subject. That's all.

Lynn Tramper
(retropump) - F

Re: Re: Re: Re: Let there be peace on earth. on 06/30/2010 17:45:50 MDT Print View

Abortion

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: guns. on 06/30/2010 17:47:18 MDT Print View

"I never understood why there is a Chaff thread on a backpacking forum anyway."

Ahhh, but Dave, we need chaff! It's got something for everyone! As I said in some other thread some months ago: "I like chaff. It's interesting, funny, very human, odd, quite intelligent, stupefyingly inane. It's the BPL soaps (only much better than General Hospital!). Or, it's the cheap beer portion of BPL -- a bit of it makes your head feel a little fuzzy, but too much of it and you'll regret it in the morning."

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: guns. on 06/30/2010 17:49:27 MDT Print View

mmmmmm, beer....

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Time for a new forum? on 06/30/2010 17:51:28 MDT Print View

How about creating a new "Gun Forum" dedicated to all things gun-ish and forbidding the introduction of anything having to do with guns into other forums? That way, no one would get blind sided with gun talk when they read threads on any other forum, and "the gunnies" could have at it hammer and tong in their own little corner of BPL, undisturbed by pesky voices of reason, and vice versa.

My 2 cents.

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Let there be peace on earth. on 06/30/2010 17:52:48 MDT Print View

Lynn, just stop:)

Lynn Tramper
(retropump) - F

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Let there be peace on earth. on 06/30/2010 18:08:22 MDT Print View

"Lynn, just stop:)"

OK

Larry Dyer
(veriest1) - F

Locale: Texas
Kill the Humans on 06/30/2010 18:13:32 MDT Print View

Then we'll have peace on earth other than the occasional lion killing an antelope and... wait... animals kill each other too! Oh noes!

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Kill the Humans on 06/30/2010 18:15:52 MDT Print View

just put a freeze on all procreation. That'll work itself out in a hurry.