Polarshield lightweight or Dryskin extreme?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Marcus Needham
(backpackinglight@needham.net) - F
Article wrong? on 03/11/2005 14:51:56 MST Print View

I have to wonder then if that article is not in fact wrong? Based on what I've read elsewhere they look to have switched the definitions in it of Dryskin (which I believe adds the CoolMax) and Extreme (which I believe substitures the Cordura).

Tony Burnett
(tlbj6142) - F

Locale: OH--IO
that makes more sense... on 03/11/2005 18:52:24 MST Print View

I agree your correction makes more sense.

Schoeller Dynamic == strong lycra
Schoeller Dryskin == add coolmax interior
Schoeller Dryskin Extreme == Drykin plus Cordura

canyon steinzig
(canyon) - F - M

Locale: Nor Cal
rain in the sierras on 03/11/2005 21:52:50 MST Print View

I hiked the JMT two years ago in July and it rained every day. Every day. There was a typhon or something in the gulf of mexico and we had these long rain storms. Mostly it would come and go but I definently used by Packa. I poncho would work fine too. It's really nice to have a small tarp like the poncho to string up when you stop for lunch. I say go with some type of sil nylon as it mostly willl sit in your pack, but if you need it you will be so sorry. Oh, also ,if you don't use trecking poles you could take an umbrella. I use poles so this wont work. DONT HIKE THE JMT WITHOUT SOME RAIN GEAR

Erik Hartmann
(erikhartmann) - F
Roy, Do you have a sister named Aileen? on 03/20/2005 17:18:58 MST Print View

Roy, oiboyroy,

This is just a shot in the dark but do you by chance have a sister named Aileen and a niece named Brooksie?

I saw your post here and thought maybe this is the same brother of my old friend.

If it is or isnt could you email me at hartmann@tmail.com

Thanks,

Erik