Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
pack theft pct/
Display Avatars Sort By:
chris mcMaster
(ulachris) - F
pack theft pct/ on 06/03/2010 12:13:03 MDT Print View

hey folks,I got a call yesterday from a young lady from Austrailia we met at the ADZPCTKO this year. She had her pack stolen near Wrightwood and lost everything but the clothes on her back, her wallet and cellphone, even her passport is gone.I sent her a new pack and a bit of cash, and want to reach out to the community to see if we can get her back on the trail. Obviously she needs a sleeping bag, a tent, cooking stuff, sleeping pad, etc. I will send anyone willing to donate to Caroline's cause a shipping label to get stuff to her at Saufleys // please send me an email if you would like to help chris@ula-equipment.com

Ike Mouser
(isaac.mouser) - F
dang on 06/03/2010 13:01:04 MDT Print View

I just sold all my excess gear in swap a little while ago. I will still look though.

chris mcMaster
(ulachris) - F
looks like we have most of what she needs on 06/03/2010 14:04:00 MDT Print View

It looks like we have most things covered, check back later as there may be a few things we will still need//Thanks/Chris

sandy boyd
(sandylwes)

Locale: eastern washington
ULA IS AWESOME!!! on 06/03/2010 18:48:47 MDT Print View

Chris you are awesome for donating a pack...... trail angel/magic in a big way!!!!
sandy

Thom Darrah
(thomdarrah) - MLife

Locale: Southern Oregon
pack theft pct/ on 06/03/2010 19:20:42 MDT Print View

Chris,
Please PM me what remaining gear she needs and I will do my best to complete her kit.

chris mcMaster
(ulachris) - F
thanks Thom on 06/03/2010 19:36:30 MDT Print View

We should know more tomorrow and I'll let you know what ,if anything ,else she will need/ much thanks to everyone who has responded/ I spent some time in Australia a few years ago and will never forget how kind and generous the people were, and it just makes me livid that something like this has happened, but very proud of how the BPL community has responded

Dirk Rabdau
(dirk9827) - F

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Chris, thanks on 06/04/2010 00:14:43 MDT Print View

I appreciate all of your efforst on behalf of this hiker. I have tarptents and all kinds of gear here that could be used. I would hate her impression of the PCT and the country in general to be ruined by this experience. Certainly, your generosity and those of others will go a long way to make sure that she happily continues along her adventure!

I echo the sentiments regarding ULA....They also happen to make great packs!

Dirk

Edited by dirk9827 on 06/04/2010 00:26:58 MDT.

Mark McLauchlin
(markmclauchlin) - MLife

Locale: Western Australia
Re: Chris, thanks on 06/04/2010 00:17:29 MDT Print View

Chris,

Let me know if the fellow Aussie still needs anything, happy to help out where I can.

Cheers
Mark

Jonathan Ryan
(Jkrew81) - F - M

Locale: White Mtns
Re: pack theft pct/ on 06/04/2010 05:26:18 MDT Print View

very awesome when a company will help someone like this. First class Chris!!

John Penca
(johntp) - F
What is Still Needed? on 06/04/2010 15:57:18 MDT Print View

I can be there tomorrow morning with gear if it will help. Pretty much could outfit her out of my gear closet.

I hate thieves!

chris mcMaster
(ulachris) - F
Thanks John on 06/04/2010 16:02:28 MDT Print View

Caroline is still between internet connections so i don't have a firm list of what she might need, I'm hoping she gets to Saufleys by tomorrow and will then be able to relax and figure out what she needs to proceed

Ben Egan
(benjammin21) - M

Locale: The Grid, Brooklyn
Re: pack theft pct/ on 06/04/2010 16:04:20 MDT Print View

What can I give?

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
"pack theft pct/" on 06/04/2010 16:10:20 MDT Print View

Chris,

If she needs a solo ti-pot + Caldera cone setup let me know, I have one to contribute to her PCT thru effort. PM me if this is the case.

Rog Tallbloke
(tallbloke) - F

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
"pack theft pct/" on 06/04/2010 16:42:34 MDT Print View

Chris, I guess it'll take too long to send gear from the UK, but I'd like to donate a bit of cash to help her along. Is there a paypal address I could use? Maybe of someone who is going out to meet her and can give her the cash on the spot?

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: "pack theft pct/" on 06/04/2010 16:57:39 MDT Print View

Chris, I have stuff to donate too. Please pm me a list and I will go through my gear closet and dig stuff up. I have many items that I do not use that are UL or lightweight

Scott Bentz
(scottbentz) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Theft on PCT on 06/04/2010 17:00:43 MDT Print View

Chris,

I live not too far from Wrightwood. I could get stuff to her if needs be. I'm in La Canada which is about 90 minutes by car from there. If she needs other stuff let us know.

Scott

John Penca
(johntp) - F
Seconding the Cash Donation on 06/04/2010 17:34:02 MDT Print View

As we all know, the gear we take works for us and may not work for others, and vice versa. Can we send $$$ to Agua Dulce to help this woman get the gear she wants?

Dirk Rabdau
(dirk9827) - F

Locale: Pacific Northwest
When she gets to Saufleys in Aqua Dulce on 06/04/2010 17:48:48 MDT Print View

There is an REI not to far from there. For the incidentals, there are some things that could be purchased there. I am happy to send $$$ as well to help her out.

Dirk

John Penca
(johntp) - F
what does she NOT need on 06/04/2010 19:36:50 MDT Print View

Chris-

Maybe a better question is what is already covered?

D S
(onthecouchagain) - MLife

Locale: Sunny SoCal
I'm in on 06/04/2010 23:08:49 MDT Print View

Hey, count me in for some love...try the "Ben2World" style spreadsheet if you please and we can take it from there...don't want to send her duplicates/triplicates esp. on trail.

couch