The Shortest Bikepacking Trip on Record
Display Avatars Sort By:
Don Meredith
(donmeredith) - F

Locale: SouthEast
The Shortest Bikepacking Trip on Record on 05/31/2010 11:19:36 MDT Print View

Well, I got everything packed but the weather kept me from going anywhere this weekend. I took photos of the setup instead. Here are a few shots. There's more detail

on my blog.

Everything

On the bike

Don Meredith

lightpack.blogspot.com

John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

Locale: PNW
Sealine bag on 09/23/2010 12:23:59 MDT Print View

Don't your legs hit the Sealine bag under the seat??? You have great gear on that bike.

Don Meredith
(donmeredith) - F

Dry bag on 09/23/2010 12:37:35 MDT Print View

You're right, I did have some interference with my legs and the front of the dry bag. It wasn't bad but it did get annoying during longer rides. I've since upgraded to a proper seat bag from Eric at Revelate Designs (formerly Epic Designs).

brent driggers
(cadyak) - MLife

Locale: southwest georgia
you are not alone on 09/23/2010 14:45:29 MDT Print View

Hey Don, Where are you from?
Were you going to be mostly offroad on your trip? Care to give any details about your destination or route? That sounds like fun. In june I had a planned trip end about 4 hours into it because of some severe map shortcomings. Picture this:
"there is supposed to be a road here". "Son thats a cowfield, not a road" 103deg, low on water....10 more miles of unrideable foot deep white sand...logging trucks...
I called my brother to come get me.
Not to mention I could sure have used a granny gear.
Brent

Don Meredith
(donmeredith) - F

Local trails on 09/23/2010 19:22:28 MDT Print View

I'm just kicking around local rides for the most part currently (Columbia, SC). I'm scoping out a ride in the upper SC, GA, NC area for a trip sometime later this fall, though. I might just go hit my current nemesis, the TNGA route. :)

Sky Horne
(simplyalpine)

Locale: Vagabonding..
Re: Local trails on 03/15/2011 05:53:01 MDT Print View

Hit me up, I live in western north carolina and am diggin' a tour now that the weather is getting warmer.

simplyalpine@gmail.com

check out my ride

Don Meredith
(donmeredith) - F

The Shortest Bikepacking Trip on Record on 04/01/2011 19:00:51 MDT Print View

We both ride singlespeed! ;)

DM

Arapiles .
(Arapiles) - M

Locale: Melbourne
Re: Re: Local trails on 04/02/2011 07:13:57 MDT Print View

OK - riding across the US on a 36 inch unicycle? 11/10 for coolness

John Castro-Rappl
(Jabber) - MLife
Lynskey on 04/03/2011 10:00:20 MDT Print View

How's the Lynskey frame treating you? Saving up right now to try to build one up as a graduation present to myself.

Don Meredith
(donmeredith) - F

The Shortest Bikepacking Trip on Record on 04/26/2011 13:25:40 MDT Print View

John, hopefully I didn't wait too long to respond. Honestly, I can't recommend Lynskey. If you're interested in talking shop on bike frames I'm always game. I think you can get a lot more bike for your money.

DM