Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Leavin' for Sweden!
Display Avatars Sort By:
joe newton
(holdfast)

Locale: Bergen, Norway
Leavin' for Sweden! on 05/26/2010 02:25:46 MDT Print View

Just to let you know that tomorrow six UL enthusiasts from Scandinavia/Northern Europe will be converging in the Vålådalen national park in the Jämtland area of northern Sweden. We will spend 3 days backpacking, enjoying the beautiful scenery, talking about gear and the future of UL backpacking in Scandinavia. This will be the first time we've all met although we've been in contact through our blogs for some time now. We are also testing some gear and you can check in with our blogs in the coming weeks to read all about it.

3 of the attendees hail from Sweden:

Gustav Boström from The Bearable Lightness

Jörgen Johansson and Martin Nordesjö from Fjäderlätt .

and the rest of us:

Hendrik Morkel of Hiking In Finland fame

Roger, who is based in Denmark from Nielsen Brown Outdoors

and myself, representing Norway, from Thunder In The Night

Thanks for listening.

Rog Tallbloke
(tallbloke) - F

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
Re: Leavin' for Sweden! on 05/26/2010 03:48:30 MDT Print View

I'm jealous. I was in touch with Joe a few weeks ago before our Norway trip, which never happened because Ryanair cancelled our flight at the last minute. Not because there was any problem with the volcanic ash cloud between UK and Scandinavia, but because they had planes stuck in Spain, and used ours for a more populated flight to avoid a bigger number of refunds.

Have a great time guys.

David Lutz
(davidlutz)

Locale: Bay Area
"Leavin' for Sweden!" on 05/26/2010 08:43:32 MDT Print View

Sounds like a great trip....I'm sure everyone here looks forward to a trip report and lots of photos.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
links on 05/26/2010 10:32:07 MDT Print View

Sounds like a fun trip. And thanks for those links.

joe newton
(holdfast)

Leavin' for Sweden! - It's a go! on 05/26/2010 23:47:09 MDT Print View

Well, after a bit of a scare with Hendrik's flight getting cancelled late yesterday everything is back on track and we're heading for Sweden today.

Vi snakkes!

joe newton
(holdfast)

Leavin' for Sweden! - Trip reports are starting to go up on 06/08/2010 23:24:24 MDT Print View

Trip reports from the inaugural Scandinavian UL Bloggers Meet-up in Sweden are starting to appear on the blogs of the participants so click on the links in the first post to find out how damp we got!