Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Ultralight Sleeping Bag Compression Stuff Sack
Display Avatars Sort By:
John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

Locale: PNW
Ultralight Sleeping Bag Compression Stuff Sack on 05/20/2010 15:53:16 MDT Print View

Who makes one? I'm looking at stuffing a GoLite Quilt into it.

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Locale: LawsonEquipment.com
Compression Sack on 05/20/2010 16:07:11 MDT Print View

I prefer roll top bags to compression sacks. They seem to last longer plus you can't beat putting your sleeping bag or quilt in something water-resistant.

Edited by Mountainfitter on 05/20/2010 16:07:47 MDT.

Brad Groves
(4quietwoods) - MLife

Locale: Michigan
Re: Ultralight Sleeping Bag Compression Stuff Sack on 05/20/2010 17:15:18 MDT Print View

Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Dry Bag. 8L should do the trick. Roll once, leave the roll loose so air can escape, kneel on the bag. Your body weight will get it as small as any compression bag. Roll a few more times. Cool thing is you then get a "kneadable" package, instead of a hard ball that wastes packing space.

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: Ultralight Sleeping Bag Compression Stuff Sack on 05/20/2010 18:16:19 MDT Print View

+1 on non-compressed

Peter Griffith
(petergriffith) - MLife

Locale: SoCal
eVent Drysack on 05/20/2010 19:33:08 MDT Print View

I like the dry sacks with eVent on the bottom. Granite Gear makes the lightest called eVent Sil Drysacks. You roll it once or twice, push down and the air escapes through the eVent, almost creating a vacuum in the bag, then roll it once or twice more and clip. Lighter than a compression bag and does the same thing.

john Tier
(Peter_pan) - M

Locale: Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA
Compression/stuff sack on 05/22/2010 06:16:18 MDT Print View

John,

You might want to look at the JRB compression sack...Lightest available at 1.2 oz size reg, will handle that quilt/bag.

Pan