Forum Index » Gear Swap » FS: BPL Gear (Thorofare Shirts, Pants, UL Merino)

Display Avatars Sort By:
Jeff K
(jeff.k) - F

Locale: New York
FS: BPL Gear (Thorofare Shirts, Pants, UL Merino) on 05/02/2010 20:31:27 MDT Print View

SOLD!!!

Not sure of sizing I bought two sizes and waited way to long to return the size that didn't fit. Thus, this BPL gear is up for sale.

Paypal is preferred. Shipping to the CONUS is included. If you want it shipped outside of the CONUS let me know and we can probably make it work.

1. BPL Thorofare Pants, Desert Tan, XS, NWT, $30-SOLD
2. BPL Thorofare Shirt, Dark Sepia, XS, NWT, $30- SOLD
3. BPL Thorofare Shirt, Desert Tan, XS, NWT, No longer for sale. I am keeping it for now, but might sell it later.
4. BPL Merino UL Long John Pants, S, NWT, $30-SOLD

The BPL Member prices are ~$73 for the Thorofare shirt, $50 for the UL Merino long johns, and although they aren't listed I believe the Thorofare pants were ~67. I know the sizes are small, but the deals are good!

If you have any questions or want pictures let me know. Thanks!

Edited by jeff.k on 05/03/2010 22:30:23 MDT.

Emily Mathews
(emmat)

Locale: Bay Area
I'll take the pants and long johns on 05/03/2010 08:51:32 MDT Print View

Thanks.
Emily

Jeff K
(jeff.k) - F

Re: FS: BPL Gear -Thorofare Shirts on 05/03/2010 19:35:45 MDT Print View

The pants and long johns have been sold.

The Thorofare shirts are still available at more than 60% off.

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
fit? on 05/03/2010 19:57:31 MDT Print View

Jeff how do these shirts fit? are they boxy and comfort cut or more athletically cut? Any idea what the sizing chart is for an XS shirt? I presume you went with the size Small, mind giving us your own measurements to give others a better idea of whether the XS would fit them?

Edited by Konrad1013 on 05/03/2010 19:58:19 MDT.

Charles S. Forstall
(csforstall) - F

Locale: The Appalachian Foothills of TN
fit on 05/03/2010 20:08:20 MDT Print View

The sizing info is in the store.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/sizing_chart.html#thorofareshirt

They wear kinda like a dress shirt just ever so slightly looser.

Edited by csforstall on 05/03/2010 20:17:14 MDT.

Jeff K
(jeff.k) - F

Re: fit? on 05/03/2010 20:55:40 MDT Print View

Konrad-

I did end up going with a size small. I am 5'10" and about 140. I liked the fit of the XS a little better in the chest, by my monkey arms reach almost to my knees so the sleeves weren't long enough for me so I went for the Small.

If you want me to take any measurements or try the XS (or the Small which I am keeping) on and take some photos let me know.

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
sizing on 05/03/2010 21:44:52 MDT Print View

Jeff, thanks for the reply. Yeah a pic of you in the XS would be great. I'm pretty similar to your measurements. (5'9" 138-140lbs), and I do have longer arms as well, so im not sure if it'll work for me either. Do you know your dress shirt size?(neck size, and sleeve length) In dress shirts, I'm a 15" neck, and 33" sleeve. My chest size bounces between a 37-38" depending on my gym motivation :)

Jeff K
(jeff.k) - F

Re: sizing on 05/03/2010 22:05:36 MDT Print View

No worries Konrad. Buying clothes online is tough. And if you are like me nothing fits just right so its just a matter of getting close.

I wear a 15" neck and 34" sleeve dress shirt. My suits are 38R, but I am pretty sure that is do to my shoulders and not my chest. I have zero gym motivation so the only thing in upper chest region is a skin and bones.

I actually went back and tried the small on again, to make sure I wasn't making the wrong choice. They seem pretty similar. I really like wearing wool, but when it gets really hot I think I will wear the Thorofare. Thus, I was okay with the shirt being a little bit baggy for extra ventilation.

Here are some pictures of the XS.

Front view
Thorofare Shirt XS Front View

Side view
Thorofare Shirt XS Side View

If you want to try the XS and it doesn't work for you feel free to send it back to me. I would just ask that you pay shipping both ways. Which at that point you might just want to keep it or resell it, but I would glad accept it back if it doesn't fit or if you aren't happy.

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
fit looks a-ok on 05/03/2010 22:09:27 MDT Print View

whoa, those look like a pretty ideal fit to me. Ill grab the dark brown sepia one. PM imbound

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
thanks on 05/03/2010 22:20:15 MDT Print View

payment sent. My much delayed trip to Supai Falls and the Grand Canyon will finally be happening on the 25th...temps should be in the mid 80's -90. Should be a good testing ground. Thanks!

Hendrik Morkel
(skullmonkey) - MLife

Locale: Finland
Desert Tan shirt on 05/18/2010 00:13:51 MDT Print View

PM send about the Desert Tan shirt.