Forum Index » Content Solicitations » We want your words...

Display Avatars Sort By:
Addie Bedford
(addiebedford) - MLife

Locale: Montana
We want your words... on 04/29/2010 15:18:51 MDT Reply Print View

I've created a new page here. It details our less formal solicitations and the holes in our editorial coverage. Check it out and throw in a proposal or submission - we want to grow our author base to include more of YOU. You know, our core folksies.

No minimum word counts, and deadlines are flexible. We'll feature one specific topic in the newsletter for a week or two with a deadline described there. Questions?

Edited by addiebedford on 04/29/2010 15:19:32 MDT.

Richard Rini
(rarini) - MLife

Locale: Southeast
Great Idea on 04/30/2010 04:10:43 MDT Reply Print View

Addie,

This is a great idea! My writing won't win any journalism awards so an invite like this is perfect for someone like me.

Thanks, I look forward to contributing in the future!

Rog Tallbloke
(tallbloke) - F

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
Re: We want your words... on 04/30/2010 05:06:10 MDT Reply Print View

Good timing, we leave for Norway followed by the Sudety mountains in Poland in a weeks time. And I have a shiny new camera with video capability to play with too. :-)

Addie Bedford
(addiebedford) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Submissions on 05/04/2010 12:35:57 MDT Reply Print View

EXCELLENT. We'll always accept submissions, and the featured one this week (to be included in either a series or a collaborative article with multiple authors) is the Best Ways to Pitch a Tarp with the Fewest Stakes & Guylines.

Deadline is June 15 for that particular one, please!

J W
(jhaura) - F

Locale: www.Trailability.com
Re: Best Way to Pitch a Tarp with Fewest Stakes and Guylines on 05/26/2010 09:55:56 MDT Reply Print View

Submission sent to Addie!

Edited by jhaura on 05/27/2010 11:01:35 MDT.

Dennis Park
(dpark) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
We want your words... on 05/26/2010 10:36:37 MDT Reply Print View

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread but an idea to go along with the trip reports are names of equipment, photos, and opinions of the gear and systems people use. Tony Wong does a great job on his photos. It's amazing how much one can learn from seeing what others use, how they do things, and sometimes why they like their systems.

Don't get me wrong, the scenic photos make me daydream all the time. It's a plus to learn from others too.

Unknown abc
(edude) - F
"We want your words..." on 05/26/2010 11:17:25 MDT Reply Print View

very nice tarp setup, Jhaura.

jim draucker
(mtnjim) - MLife

Locale: Shenandoah Valley VA
Poncho on 05/26/2010 12:06:31 MDT Reply Print View

Jhaura

Which poncho is that?

Thanks Jim

todd harper