Already read threads?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Del Johnston
(deljohnston) - F

Locale: Heart of Dixie
Already read threads? on 04/26/2010 19:45:36 MDT Print View

So, I consider myself something of a Mac expert and an all around geek. But this has been bugging me for weeks and I cannot find a preference for it anywhere. Some light on the subject would be most appreciated.

At work, I use Firefox on a Mac as my default browser. When viewing the forums, any thread that I have already read will be shown as light gray. At home, I am also using Firefox on a Mac, but the same threads are all black. They do not change color to reflect that I have read them.

Does this make sense? Can anyone point me to the "DUH" button? I am sure it is something so simple that I have not thought of that.

Thanks in advance!

Lynn Tramper
(retropump) - F

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna
Re: Already read threads? on 04/27/2010 14:40:55 MDT Print View

Sounds like it might have something to do with how you've set up your memory and cache, or cookie preferences??

Del Johnston
(deljohnston) - F

Locale: Heart of Dixie
DUH! on 05/01/2010 10:33:58 MDT Print View

Thanks, Lynn! I found exactly what it was. I had cookies enabled, but that was not it. I was baffled because I thought for sure it had to do with cookies. It was actually the browsing history. I had history turned off. Like I said, it was something so simple that I had not thought of it. Thanks for your help!