November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
JT's Updated Gear List
Display Avatars Sort By:
John Taylor
(jtaylor) - F - M

Locale: Shenandoah
JT's Updated Gear List on 05/25/2006 11:22:11 MDT Print View

My updated gearlist is posted at

Please take a look, offer suggestions, alternatives, etc. I would like to hear your ideas, thoughts, and questions.

Antonio Abad
(tonyabad) - F
RE: JT's Updated Gear List on 05/25/2006 11:58:25 MDT Print View

Looks solid. What location do you plan on doing your Summer hikes? Any reason not to include the venerable wind shirt?

I did find one very minor mistake: baklava instead of balaclava. I make the same mistake all the time:-)

Happy hiking.

John Taylor
(jtaylor) - F - M

Locale: Shenandoah
Thanks on 05/25/2006 12:06:45 MDT Print View

Thanks Antonio, I mispronounce that all the time. My wife often laughs at me when I try to say that word!

I carry a Mountain Hardware windshirt. It was a recent acquisition and I had an opportunity to try it out on a trip in early April. It is really warm for the weight.

I primarly hike in Virginia. I used to live in Boulder, CO and did a bit out there as well as a few trips here and there. The last couple of years my focus has been elsewhere, but now I find I have more time to get out more.