Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
San Diego/ Mt Woodson
Display Avatars Sort By:
YAMABUSHI !
(THUNDERHORSE) - F
San Diego/ Mt Woodson on 04/19/2010 15:20:49 MDT Print View

Will anybody be around that way the 23-30th of this month?

I will be out there and would like to do some climbing during those dates.

I'D ALSO TAKE SUGGESTIONS ON CLASSIC CLIMBS OR HIKES THAT WAY TOO!

I already checked out the hike too potato chip. Looks cool!

PM me or just respond here.

Thanks!

Timothy Sexton
(Tijos1) - F
VP of Outdoors Club at SDSU on 04/19/2010 17:24:33 MDT Print View

This last weekend the Outdoors club had planed a trip to mt. woodson however it had been delayed due to many severe injuries such as a sever burn and extreme chafing from a 30 mile day. So if you are intorested in doing the hike this sunday 25 April I could arange to meet up with you and the club or I would be willing to hike with you myself. Also if you are in SD, another great short hike is Cowls MT. which is a fun short hike but you can see all of San Diego. As a San Diego State Univirsity student I hike Cowls MT. every week and it is very fun. I have yet to go to Cmt woodson but would love to do it. You could PM me and we could talk more.
Tim

Chris Ryan
(UCDChris) - F

Locale: Central Valley
RE: San Diego on 04/23/2010 11:44:33 MDT Print View

I won't be in town when you visit, but you might also be interested in checking out Stonewall Peak in Cuyamaca Rancho State Park. It's not as long of a hike to the top as Mt. Woodson, and it's further away from town, but it's a very picturesque spot for a climb and a great park to hike around.

Bradly Feeley
(bradly) - F

Locale: San Diego, CA
SD Hikes on 04/28/2010 00:16:32 MDT Print View

Three Sisters Waterfall is probably my favorite hike in San Diego. Moderately difficult and about 4 hours round trip.

Stone Wall Peak is a fun quick climb with nice views

PCT from Bolder Oaks has a lot of thru-hikers this time of year. You can hit Kitchen Creek Falls about 2 miles in on the left at the stack of rocks.

YAMABUSHI !
(THUNDERHORSE) - F
Thanks on 05/06/2010 00:06:04 MDT Print View

Thanks for the suggestions.
I really appreciate the advice.
I decided to do Woodson and it was EXCELLENT.

I should probably toss up a trip report.