Forum Index » Chaff » Walking music

Display Avatars Sort By:
George Matthews
(gmatthews) - MLife
Walking music on 04/17/2010 19:53:57 MDT Print View

When I'm walking a loop from home, I like to listen to music on my Ipod. Sometimes it's fun to try different ones than my normal tunes. Here's a brand new artist that is amazing IMO.

Joshua Steele The Tide

Joshua Steele

The Tide

I downloaded all four for $3.96 and will add them to my iPod normal routine.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=joshua+steele&x=0&y=0

Edited by gmatthews on 04/17/2010 19:55:31 MDT.

joseph peterson
(sparky) - F

Locale: Southern California
Walking music on 04/19/2010 16:41:18 MDT Print View

I have a couple "go-to" albums I enjoy.

Portugal. The Man's album "Censored Colors", Ween's album "White Pepper", and a James Brown collection I listen to on almost every hike.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Walking Music on 04/19/2010 17:05:01 MDT Print View

I like things a little up beat like Incubus, Radiohead, A Perfect Circle,Gorillaz, The Crystal Method,Foo Fighters, and Old School Punk........TOOL!!!!!!!!! Def-tones, Matisyahu,Sublime, Pearl Jam ETC ETC,ETC,White Stripes...SADE

George Matthews
(gmatthews) - MLife
Re: Walking Music on 04/19/2010 19:32:34 MDT Print View

Walking and listening to music turns the experience into a movie. The soundtrack dramatically changes your walk. The James Brown tunes like I Feel Good and very different from Radiohead's Karma Police.

I've been walking along at a fast pace and then go into a jog sometimes depending on the tune.

I'm always surprised about how so many really different types of music work well on a walk.

David Lutz
(davidlutz)

Locale: Bay Area
"Walking music" on 04/19/2010 19:35:34 MDT Print View

I agree with you 100% George....in fact, if I'm lucky, a tune will stick in my head and remind of a trip or event forever...

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Walking music on 04/19/2010 23:01:17 MDT Print View

But then you won't hear the bear or mountain lion right behind you!!! :)

David Lutz
(davidlutz)

Locale: Bay Area
"Walking music" on 04/19/2010 23:02:13 MDT Print View

All the better!!

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
music on 04/20/2010 00:29:53 MDT Print View

Though I normally and exclusively listen to rock of some sort, I always find myself listening to coldplay when im hiking. Have you ever heard "speed of sound" while hiking!? Yes? now listen to it while hiking high, ... IMO it's life changing/epic/a sense of perfection

When, im finally settled into camp, I really enjoy listening to Eddie Vedder's work on the "Into the Wild" soundtrack

Edited by Konrad1013 on 04/20/2010 00:42:22 MDT.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: music on 04/21/2010 01:37:52 MDT Print View

I just talk or sing to myself. Total weight = zero oz :)