Forum Index » Chaff » GSI customer service

Display Avatars Sort By:
Dennis Park
(dpark) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
GSI customer service on 04/15/2010 21:05:09 MDT Print View

Does anybody know if there's something going on at GSI outdoors such that they can't or won't respond to any of my inquiries?

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: GSI customer service on 04/15/2010 21:18:04 MDT Print View

I asked them a question via email a month ago. Haven't heard a thing.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: GSI customer service on 04/15/2010 21:25:00 MDT Print View

Here is some pure speculation. I say this because this happened at my ex-employer. There were three or four different customer service email accounts open for different responsibilities. As the staff was downsized, one email account was forwarded to another, and so forth. They changed staffing so fast that the email forwarding got dropped. The net result was that there was a new staff member there waiting for customer inquiries, but he never got the email. So, for three months, customers were getting ticked off. I guess it is a sign of the times.

--B.G.--

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: GSI customer service on 04/16/2010 09:23:32 MDT Print View

Call them if you can.....probably better results that way.

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
emails no, phonecalls yes on 04/16/2010 18:28:29 MDT Print View

I actually just got finished with a warranty replacement with gsi. A polycarb lid on my cookset started to bubble and melt, so i emailed them...no response. Took it upon myself to go old school, and talked to Jeff. He had everything sorted out within 5 mins, and a new lid at my door within 2 weeks. Give em a call, they are great to deal with.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: emails no, phonecalls yes on 04/16/2010 21:13:17 MDT Print View

Konrad,
Good to hear it was worked out by phone. But, one would think, that in the age of computers and email, a company would tend to its electronic inquiries, no?

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: emails no, phonecalls yes on 04/17/2010 08:49:01 MDT Print View

You'd be surprised that many companies don't do email well - or often don't have a dedicated person.
Jeff is a great guy at GSI - he is often who handles wholesale orders.